Who Is Liber Vix?

/
0 Comments
Well, wouldn't you like to know? First off, you should know that I am a Liberry Vixen. I am hardly free, but I am getting closer. That, radically distilled, is this enigma, Liber Vix.


But you would like to know why, I hope. Or else you wouldn't have read even this far. I will elaborate. I'm a library technical assistant, a book and word lover, and every day I grumble over hearing the word "library" butchered into an unintelligible, Lie-berry. I was reminded that, yes, I am currently in an environment in which that word is, more often than not, verbally destroyed, but it doesn't have to destroy me. I don't have to have that joy of learning and observing and growing snuffed out of me by those who just don't seem to care. I can retain my Vixen-hood. I won't be one of those stereotypical librarians with that slightly mousy, beaten down, asexual, shhhing persona. (Though I admit I probably have shhhhh'd a few times, here and there. Trust me, I had good reason.) I can be complex, multi-faceted, vibrant, intelligent, and maybe even a bit cute. That's totally up to me. And this blog is part of reclaiming that, in the midst of being seen by the masses as just another customer service drone. I am no robot, no automaton. I am Liber Vix. Hardly free, but getting closer.


I looked up the Latin translation of Liber Vix for fun, expecting something about books, but came up with "hardly free." I'm not sure if that's grammatically correct, my years of Latin class are far behind me. But I digress. I like it regardless. It fits. I have built copious walls, multiple defense mechanisms in the outside world. You know more about me already that most people would know within months in person. That's just the way I roll. I am a highly sensitive INFJ http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ.html , which pretty much means that out in the world I can seem highly reserved, introverted, responsible, loathing of conflict, slow to trust, etc., but the inside is just a mess of creativity and feelings and opinionated-ness. It's an interesting dichotomy, and at times a bit challenging.


So when starting this, I asked myself, what should I write about? After all, don't the best blogs, the Julie and Julia's of the blogging world, have a singular focus or a fascinating and unique hook? I suppose so, but I'm not about to start multiple blogs in order to cover all of the things that interest me, all of the things that I am. I have to compartmentalize in my daily life enough as it is. So I will be as much as I can here, in tandem. I will write because:


"A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What a man can be, he must be.”- Abraham Maslow


Because I haven't been doing it enough, and not writing is the quickest way for me to lose myself. And that simply won't do.


So, what else encapsulates Liber Vix? Well, I am full of delicious snark. I am annoyingly verbose. I embrace my geekiness. I am a passionate feminist. I am a baker of divine tasty bites. I find all the religion I need in nature. I have sung in public 3 times and have only just begun to realize how much I loved it. I am a Highly Sensitive Person. My biggest fear is being forgotten. I will never buy jewelry because I make my own. I am a beauty product junkie on a budget. I am socially anxious but felt right at home on vacation in New York City. I love makeup and think it can be just another art form, as long as the wearer is not made to feel "less-than" without it. I live by a creek and love that I can hear water and birds when I wake up in the morning. I am a crazy cat lady. I want to go the city and live in the country. I would like to have a treehouse. I am a bit mysterious. I am a casual observer.


A Book from my Childhood
I am not quite sure where I'm going with this. Perhaps I should have planned it out better. But I already spend too much of my time planning,  rather than doing. So, reader, if you're there, we can both fumble in the dark together, and perhaps observe some interesting things on the way.


You may also like

No comments:

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts