L.V. and the Birthday Squee

/
0 Comments
A few things have gone right for Liber Vix this week. One, I am going away for the weekend and will be away from work, so that doesn't suck. Two, I just stumbled across a piece of pertinent information regarding said trip. When doing some light research on where to go, what to do (per my oath to myself to be less OCD) I realized that one place we planned on going was in the same area where The Shawshank Redemption was filmed. This happens to be one of my favorite films, along with The Green Mile and The Mist,  all written by Stephen King and directed by Frank Darabont. How this escaped my keen investigative skills, I don't know, but I am thrilled that I realized in time I will be able to see the Old Oak Tree by the wall that looks like something out of a Robert Frost poem. I guess if you really wanted you could research this yourself to figure out where I am going!


Three, I got a Fyrinnae order today! Now, that calls for squees of epic proportions, because I ordered 12 samples at the end of March, worried that the company's staffing issues might prevent me from making an order in the future. I am glad I did because a few days after I ordered I noticed Futuristic Glamrock was not listed on the site, perhaps inundated with orders for it due to Xsparkage's tutorial using it? I know that's why I ordered it! So I'm VERY glad I got my order in. I will probably not have time to swatch the colors I can already tell are stellar before I leave, but that will be my first order of business when I return.

Fourth, I am really loving my hair, which I got cut this past weekend. I was able to make an appointment with a stylist I've had in the past and really liked, so I was very optimistic going into the spa that she would do a good job. I was actually inspired by Xsparkage's recent haircut , oddly enough. I've been working a smooth one-length angled bob for a while now but really liked the piecey layered angled bob Leesha got. I was not intending to incorporate the asymmetrical nature of the cut, as OCD me felt I would be incessantly thinking my hair was uneven and unfinished. But as my stylist cut, I told her, it's my birthday, it's just hair, and mine grows quick. Let's just do it! She reassured me that if I didn't like it, I could always come in to have the longer side cut to match the shorter side. I just told her to make sure it looked intentional, not like it was a mistake, and I am so happy I tried it. It's a little more messy and edgy than what I used to, and that is a good thing. I think I needed that. I've been using Aveda's Light Elements Texturizing Cream, and that stuff is awesome...I'm actually bidding on some more on Ebay as I type. Smells like the spa, and creates a lot of body and piecey-ness in my super fine hair. This is the gist of my cut, and I shall return very soon (a little older and hopefully wiser) and bearing swatches and a review of my very first Birchbox !



You may also like

No comments:

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts