Vix Picks-June

/
0 Comments
I've been sitting on writing about these for way too long, but here they are, my picks for the month!


 Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray: I have pretty stick straight hair that gets just slightly, annoyingly wavy in a few spots when it's humid out. And during the summer I often just can't stand to dry and flat iron my hair, because nothing gets me grumpy faster than feeling hot and sweaty before I even leave for the day. So I often resort to the wavy scrunched air-dried look during the summer. I've tried plenty of wave sprays, and none have worked as well as this one. With others I have to keep scrunching all day, and the waves get all crunchy, or fall out entirely. This spray smells like the beach, sort of coconut-y, the waves stick around, and it doesn't leave my hair all gross and crunchy-feeling. It's cheap too; I got a bottle at Ulta for about 6 dollars.


Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara: This is a really nice mascara, it doesn't get clumpy, and I would swear that my lashes do look the teensiest bit longer since I started using it. It takes a second to dry; my trick to avoid smudging is to flutter my lashes against a tissue wrapped finger to pick up the excess.

MUFE HD Microfinish Powder: This is a very lightweight, pure white setting powder. It is extremely finely milled, and is great because it doesn't feel like you're adding a bunch of extra layers of makeup and it controls oil well. I got a travel sized one from Sephora for $15.00 just to try it, and a little goes a long way.

Nivea Sun-Kissed Radiant Skin Gradual Tanner: Since using standard self-tanners is a scary proposition for uber-pale me, gradual tanners are the way to go. This one isn't bad and is fairly subtle. After a few uses though, I was thinking I looked a little too dark. I am always conflicted when using tanners, because you're supposed to exfoliate, shave, whatever, before you use the tanner. But, I have to shave right before I'm going to show whatever skin is going to be on display. It's simply a necessity for me. It's a chicken or the egg sort of thing...shave or tan...tan or shave...So I was worried that shaving would strip the color and leave me all streaky. But it worked out, because it just took off the excess color and didn't end up streaky. The downside to this lotion is the smell. I could tell the Nivea people were trying to make it smell better, as in, not like tanning lotion. And it might smell better to some people. But that tropical, citrusy smell is just not my cup of tea. Let's just say I'm glad the smell fades quickly.

 I would actually add to my Picks the Olay Quench Touch of Sun gradual tanning lotion, but I'm not sure if it's being widely sold anymore. I couldn't find it on Ulta's website. I got it as a free gift with purchase from drugstore.com recently, and found it to be better than the Nivea in that it looks a bit more natural, builds color more slowly and doesn't smell bad at all. It would be a shame if it's not made anymore, because so many of the tanners out there are marketed towards medium and onwards skin tones. I have no desire to have the oompa-loompa look, that just isn't attractive to me. But I would like to be less translucent in a natural, subtle way. Has anybody tried any other self tanners geared towards very pale skin that they like alot?

P.S. I've already reviewed these 2 products more thoroughly in previous posts, but I must reiterate the continued HG status of Avon's Anew Clinical Pro-Luminosity Serum and Boscia's Black Mask. These 2 items have made a world of difference for my skin. I just bought my third bottle of the serum on ebay (for 9 dollars as opposed to 54 retail, no less!) I think if I actually had to pay $54.00 for it, I would, this stuff is that epic. It continues to help fade breakout marks at lightning speed and keeps my skin looking far more clear and even than I can ever remember it being. And the Black Mask is an experience in and of itself! Yes, it hurts, but it hurts so good!


You may also like

No comments:

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts