Oh Fuddddddddge EOTD

/
2 Comments

What, were you expecting some yummy, buttery, chocolaty- type EOTD? Nope, sorry. The title of this post refers to the string of profanity I let loose after finishing this look. Only I didn't say fudge, a la A Christmas Story. And It's not even in reference to the look itself. I think the eye turned out pretty well. It started as a sort of beachy look, then seemed a little more stereotypically Egyptian when I decided to wing out the liner. The look is fine. Here's what I used:
Lid: BFTE Autumn and Bonita
Crease: Fyrinnae Velvet Vampire
Liner: BFTE Illusion

The look isn't the problem. The problem is that I managed to knock over both Bonita and Velvet Vampire the second I finished the look, scattering their sparkling joy into the ether, much like the bolts poor Ralphie from A Christmas Story saw silhouetted against the night sky a moment before they disappeared. I stood there for a moment, stunned with disbelief, before I muttered helplessly "noooooooooooooo" ...and a bunch of other stuff.

I reassured myself that I will simply have to order more (such a tragedy, I know.) And that's not a huge deal with BFTE, but with Fyrinnae and their more unpredictable open-shop patterns, I don't know how long it will be before I can get my hands on Velvet Vampire again, which is very, very sad.

Then, taking a closer look in the mirror at my look, something became apparent to me that I just hadn't noticed before. Behold...

What exactly am I supposed to be looking at, you ask? Well, let's take a closer look...

That, dear reader, is my first verifiable wrinkle. Now I'm sure I have more worrisome things going on with my face, and there may well be other wrinkles. But this one startled me, because as I looked at my face, it looked like my brow was furrowed, but it wasn't. It's not even so much the aesthetic inconvenience, I'd much rather have a wrinkle than the acne problems I had growing up, no contest. I'm not going to run out and get Botox, that just isn't my style. I think in general I'll age pretty gracefully; the great thing about having had bad skin growing up is that I always wore foundation, and that foundation usually had SPF whatever, and I never went tanning. So I'll probably look younger than my age for quite a while.

But to say this little guy did not bother me would be a lie. To say I won't slather him with anti- wrinkle cream tonight would be a lie. To say that I didn't moan and groan for a good 5 minutes to my boyfriend that I was on the fast track to becoming Gordon Ramsay would be a lie.  Gordon Jr. does bug me. I'll tolerate him, but I don't particularly like him. I wish he would go away. He's a noisy little alarm clock, and to him I say, OK, Gordon, I hear you, I hear you. Now shut up.




You may also like

2 comments :

  1. It must be the week for knocking over pigments! I spilled my sample of Sakura, after using it for the first time and loving it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be! I think Fyrinnae has created a unique M.O....operating on sheer terror! I got totally anxious, not knowing when I could order again, or if the colors I like most are going to suddenly disappear, that I stalked the site until I was able to sneak in and make an order. I probably ordered more than I would have had I been 100% confident they would be open and available at any time. The rest of my story has a very happy ending as well...stay tuned! Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts