Venturing into Matte Territory

/
0 Comments
I realized a few weeks ago that since I discovered MM online last autumn, I have purchased virtually NO matte colors. I can't think of a single one that has been totally matte.I think that after years of wearing neutral, basic matte drugstore eyeshadows, my brain went a little rainbow sparkle happy: "OOOOHHHH look at the pretty shimmers! Squeeeeee!!!! Must.Have.Sparkles!" So, I decided to "branch out" and bought a few matte colors from BFTE. I tried to pick a few that were brighter in their matte way so as to not feel like I was depriving myself of color, glorious color. Here's what I got:



Buttered Up, Seven Seas, After Party, Twisted, Panurple, Girl Next Door
These were all beautiful colors, very pigmented and with a velvety texture. I still think I'm going to naturally gravitate towards colors with at least a slight sheen to them if not outright sparkle. I usually don't do really elaborate, dramatic eyes, but I think I prefer to have a little more dimension and shimmer. Plus perhaps they're just easier for MM newbie me to work with! These are lovely though, I especially liked Panurple as a liner. Here's a quick EOTD I did with the mattes:

EOTD using Twisted, After Party, Seven Seas, Panurple, and Buttered Up
That's all for today...but I predict that I will have several haul posts in the near future, and of course my monthly Birchbox Post!


You may also like

No comments:

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts