Whoops, Spoke Too Soon...July Birchbox

/
0 Comments
I figured all that raving last month would come back and bite me. I got my July Birchbox today, after much anticipation. This one is "curated" by designer Cynthia Rowley, so I figured it had to be pretty cool. And the box is pretty, with a nice marble-like design. The contents, though...meh.

I haven't read any other reviews on this month's box, so if I read some reviews after posting this and find out that there was some awesome item like last month's Laura Geller Blush that I missed out on, I might be a wee bit pissed. Not that this month's box is horrendous, it just doesn't make a huge amount of sense.


A couple of the items will be useful to me. I had been needing a travel sized facial cleanser to take with me when I go swimming or on overnights, so this will come in handy. I haven't used anything from Philosophy except the Vanilla Birthday Cake shower wash Sephora dispenses to its customers on their birthdays, and I found that kind of treacle-y sweet. Hopefully the face stuff is not so much so. The Redken hairspray, again, a nice basic travel size to have around. The Nuxe Dry Oil, well, I suppose I could use this at the pool, or when my hair gets super staticky during the winter. I'm reaching here.

The Zoya nail polish in Pandora is a light neutral pink, but considering I already got a Zoya nail polish in my first Birchbox, I really wasn't hankering to get another. I used the color I got first, Jules, on my toenails, and it applies well and is an interesting dirty mechanical gold color, but nail polish isn't a huge thing for me, since I have a pesky nail biting habit that keeps me from using it for the most part, except on my toes. So why they sent me a second one, when there are a gazillion other products they could have sent, is a mystery to me.

The Almond and Apricot snack bar is essentially nonsensical filler. I know it's an extra "treat" but I don't order Birchbox for edibles, I order it for beauty products. Plus, it doesn't seem like a great idea to send a snack bar, laden with sticky honey, through the mail during JULY.  My bar was intact, but it was decidedly unappetizingly mooshy. Plus, almonds are the nut I loathe the most, so I'm going to pop this into the fridge until I am down to the last bit of food in the house and have to choose between a single egg or the dried-out rind from a wedge of Parmigiano-Reggiano. THEN maybe I will eat this bar. But at least for me it's a matter of taste, at least I'm not allergic to peanuts or tree nuts, like any number of people receiving this box could be. Like I said, it just didn't make sense.

Oh well. Can't win em all.




You may also like

No comments:

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts