I've Been Tagged!

/
3 Comments
I was tagged by that wonderful olfactory poet, Midnight Poesy , to do the Top Ten Award. I've never been tagged before to do this sort of thing, so yeah, I had a little moment of glee. I'm officially a big nerdy- nerd- nerd. I'm supposed to list my top ten favorite beauty products, and since I'm as heavily into skin/body care as makeup-y things, I will not limit myself to just cosmetics. I've reviewed a lot of these previously here,  here , oh, and here too so I won't go into too much detail.

These are in no particular order, BTW.

1.  Avon Clinical Luminosity Pro Brightening Serum : If you have trouble with hyperpigmentation, leftover acne marks, or just dull skin in general, I sing this product's praises loudly and often. It has made a massive world of difference for me, and if they ever stop making it I will have a flailing meltdown.

2. Avon Magix Face Perfector: Favorite primer evah. Smooths and mattifys, plus SPF 20. WIN!

3. Boscia Luminizing Black Mask : Still using and loving this. Only cons are the price and it sort of stings your eyes if you apply too close to the orbital area. The results are worth it though. Just close your eyes and meditate for a while and it'll be all good.

4. Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Illuminating Serum : I got this in my Sephora In the Glow set, and at first didn't really know what to do with it. Those long and slightly pretentious sounding names don't really explain much. They're usually just a long string of buzz words stuck together. But I started using this as a tinted moisturizer after swimming,just because it was there in my bag. Then over time I started using it over my Avon Magix and under my Meow foundation, and REALLY started liking and depending on it. It adds just a teensy glow and helps even out my skin tone so I probably don't have to use as much foundation in the end. I usually can't wear those one-size-fits-all tinted things because they're typically too dark/orange on my fair skin. But this blends in perfectly for me. Not sure how it would work on darker skin tones though. This might be an unnecessary step for most people, but I loved it enough to buy the full size, so that's saying something.

5. Meow Foundation : Pampered Puss in Sleek Sphynx. Wonderful, buildable coverage. Does not get cakey or gross as day goes on. Has even worked on some bad skin days. Their concealers are awesome too. I've been using their under eye concealer in a mix of Sleek and Frisky Sphynx since the concealers run slightly lighter than their foundation counterpart. If you have trouble finding a foundation to match you, Meow's got you covered.

6. Beauty From the Earth eye shadows. My first foray into indie makeup, and they will always be my first love. I've always been a product junkie, but didn't start exploring bright colors until I discovered them. Great customer service, fun and minimal-drama online community, beautiful and huge selection of colors.

7. OK, this isn't just one item, but here ya go anyway: Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy, eye shadows, highlighters, and um, whatever they might make in the future, and what they made in the past and never got to try. Sometimes I wake in the middle of the night, terrified, in a cold sweat, with that sinking feeling that I've forgotten something crucial. Then I realize, oh, yeah, I never got to try Fyrinnae's Lip Lustres, specifically Romantique. Ok, that might be an exaggeration, but only a slight one. My lip does quiver a little when I see review/swatches of them online and I start muttering "no fair, no fair" like Gage from Pet Sematary. I mean, seriously, a lip version of Rapunzel Had Extensions? Curse all of you who have it, CURSE YOU!

8. Buxom Lip polishes. Have only tried two shades, but I am going to be procuring some more soon. Loooooove the minty tingle and the sheer color.

9. Feria hair color: I think my natural hair color is a really dark, zero -highlights, hideous  matte sort of brown. I'm not quite sure because I've been coloring it since the 8th grade...so, the past 15 years. My mom actually started coloring it for me, one of her cooler moves I must say. She picked up Miss Clairol's Reddest Fire Red from Sally Beauty Supply and I haven't looked back since. Oh my, that color was RED. I've been every shade of red and brown imaginable. I try different brands, but I always seem to come back to Feria, it just seems to end up the shimmery-est. Nowadays I stick with warm browns with just a little hint of red.

10. Haus of Gloi : I just got my first order from them yesterday and I can already tell it belongs on this list. Haven't even tried everything yet. Full review is forthcoming, but it may take a few days, because I will be in the bath.

Now , here are 10 lovely bloggers I read often and would like to see their responses to this tag!

1.Makeup Fancy
2.Pretty as a Junebug
3. Tattoos-n-Lipgloss
4. my tongue split the hemisphere
5. Kattatonic Fierceology
6.makeup & things by olgiepolgie
7. My Perfume Diaries
8. No Empty Yesterdays
9. http://kiandmakeup.blogspot.com/
10. SassyCatMakeup

And here are the rules:

**Rules of the Top 10 Award**
1.  Thank the person who tagged you and link to their blog.
2.  Put the Top 10 Award logo on your blog.
3.  List your Top 10 cosmetics/beauty items.
4.  Choose 10 bloggers to tag, link to their blogs, and let them know


P.S. Just FYI, but any of you blogger blogs that have your comments settings set to exclude anonymous or name/URL comments, I for some reason can't comment. I try to sign in using my google account, and it just kicks me out, every time. Not sure if anyone else has that problem or if it's just my general lack of technical know-how. Just wanted to let you know that I'm not being a jerk!


You may also like

3 comments :

  1. Some great favorites! I have been a fan of Avon's Magix also! Just haven't used it recently! I still haven't checked out Haus of Gloi yet! Maybe I'll head over and browse their shop right now! Congrats on the award! Oh... I still haven't checked my comments settings yet! I'll go do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list :) I have to look into Meow Foundation. After your mention, got to try Feria, I am dark haired gal too.

    Can't wait to hear all about Haus of Gloi, you are going to love it! I'm waiting for my order of Autumn scents too! Excited!
    Not to tempt you further but Fyrinnae Lip Lustres are fab! Don't know if they still make them.

    Also, thanks so much for thinking of me :) I recently did my Top 10. Here is the link http://myperfumediaries.blogspot.com/2011/08/top-10-award.html

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. @The Peach: Thanks! It's going to take a while for me to compose my thoughts on Haus of Gloi, right now all I've got is an incoherent "mmmmmmmm." I would say though....check it out. That is all :)

    @Su: Whoops! Didn't check back far enough to see if you'd done it already...oh, I love Eco Tools too. I have quite a few of their brushes. And I think the lustres are on an indefinite hiatus, not sure if they'll come back at all. And Meow has wonderful foundation, the variety is sort of daunting at first, but well worth the effort of figuring out your "breed" so to speak ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts