Meow Cosmetics: Neptune's Grotto

/
2 Comments
In one final salute to summer I ordered some colors recently from Meow's new collection of ocean inspired shades- Neptune's Grotto. They include varying shades of blue, seafoam, and dark and mysterious greys. Some of the colors seem quite similar, but there are just enough difference among them to make a really lovely, smooth ombre effect. I am a sucker for those sorts of looks. Here's what I got:


Top: Chasm, Malawi, Grotto, Seaspray
Middle: Dead Sea, Black Crystal Abyss, Cocytus, Saltwater
Bottom:  (Free Sample)Lemonade Blush, (Free Sample) Saucy Blush,  Rainforest Collection Amazon
  Here they are swatched over bare skin (These apply so smoothly and are quite pigmented and shimmery!):
 
Dead Sea, Grotto, Saltwater, Seaspray, Chasm, Malawi





Saucy (Blush), Lemonade (Blush), Amazon, Saltwater, Cocytus, Black Crystal Abyss




 These are all awesome, but if I had to pick I'd say Dead Sea is one of the stand out colors. It is a rich blue but has a really beautiful green sheen underneath.

And finally a quick eye I did using Grotto, Seaspray, and Cocytus as a liner:










You may also like

2 comments :

  1. Very pretty blue look! I was debating on ordering from the Neptune's Grotto collection, but I just don't wear that many blues. Dead Sea does look very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yeah, I'm not even sure if blues are the best color on me necessarily, I just went though a bit of a seafoamy phase this summer :) I think paired with one of the grey shades from that collection it would be more subtle, less, wow, BLUE!
    It's handy that you can get the samples for 1 dollar with Meow, so it's not a huge investment.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts