It Was Just Like Olden Times...

/
0 Comments
I know I've written before that G and I are huge nature geeks and also love museums/history/old houses, things of that ilk. I started going on tours of old houses with my family as a child and I still enjoy it today. So a couple weeks ago we combined those two interests and went to an area park/1880's living history farm that was having an annual "country fair". I've been going to this place since I was little and I love how it hasn't changed a bit. Even the little old lady volunteering at the penny candy counter in her period attire was there since I can remember up till a year or two ago. I think she finally had to retire, because she must have been...quite old. Like, she came with the furniture.

I enjoy that sort of continuity at times, when things seem so uncertain and fleeting and it's easy to feel adrift. Places like this give me roots, remind me of where I've been and where I'm going. They mark the years, are compasses, guides and provide a sense of comfort that not all I love will disappear on me.

Plus, they sell penny candy, and there are often barn kittehs to be found. And that'll do, donkey, that'll do.

Pictures below!



Farm people doing farm-y things





I call this one "Girl Walking a Goat"


landscape shot


Mmmmm...pickled everrryyything
SO Puritan

Boiling peanuts is apparently smoky work


Rock on!


more farm-y stuff

G walking in a meadow


I got my hair cut that day too :)




You may also like

No comments:

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts