Birchbox-January 2012

/
3 Comments
I know, I failed to do a Birchbox review last month. I do have a good reason for that though. Birchbox had several problems last month, including one product not being ready in time for shipment, and there was some sort of shipping snafu with Birchbox's shipping provider, Streamlite, and some people either did not receive their boxes or received them very late. I wasn't too upset though as Birchbox added 100 points to my account for my trouble and I still got my box, albeit around New Year's. By that point it seemed a little silly to do a review, but Birchbox got their act together this month!

Here's what I got:


Handy Birchbox Magnet: Because you can never have too many magnets.

Viva La Juicy sample: LOVE Juicy Couture and Couture Couture, and I love this one too. If I buy perfume like this though, it's going to be through Ebay.

Origins Cheeks and Balances Frothy Face Wash: I really like this so far. It's very thick and creamy, a little goes a long way and it foams up very well. It smells fresh and sort of minty too. I may get this at some point. It does rinse off a little too "squeaky-clean" for my tastes, but it doesn't feel drying so I can overlook it.

VMV Hypoallergenics Re-Everything Lotion:  Apparently you can use this lotion everywhere. It really has no scent that I can detect. I've only used it on my face but I like that it contains glycolic acid and it still feels very gentle.

Larabar:  More food. I got mine in Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. This wasn't half-bad. The first bite was a little...hmmm...the dates give it a peculiar taste initially but once I finished it I thought, okay, I would perhaps eat this again.

Stila Smudgestick in Peacock: Full size product! Very happy to get this, and the color is gorgeous, a rich, shimmery teal. I suppose ideally I would have gotten a brown, bronze, or green shade since those are my favorite colors and the ones that I can utilize most often, but this one is great too. Only downside is that it REALLY smudges.  This is upon application:



And after about a minute to set:

It didn't take much effort to smudge it this much either, and water and light pressure was enough to wash it off. So, not quite the level of waterproofiness that I've encountered with liners like MUFE's Aqua Liners. If you like a more smoky liner look and more time to change it before it sets though, this liner would be a good choice.

This was a good Birchbox month!



You may also like

3 comments :

  1. It looks good! I have a 'waterproof' liquid liner from Stila and the first time my eyes watered, it ran like hell. May have to invest in a MUFE or Urban Decay one. At least you know this one is meant to be smudged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't look like a bad box at all! And yes, that smudge stick really does smudge a lot, doesn't it?! I just still can't bring myself to doing the Birchbox for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Olgie: Yeah, I think I prefer both MUFE and Urban Decay's liners. I haven't actually worn the smudgestick yet though, just swatched it, but I'm a little nervous to now, lol!

    @The Peach: It's definitely a gamble, and some months are better than others, but I'm a sample junkie, so I just can't quit, lol!The points program really adds to the value of it for me, too. But I understand it's totally not for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts