February Birchbox: Part Deux

/
4 Comments
My February Birchbox was already pretty cool-the highlight being the beautyblender, which I'm still using and liking a lot.

Then I got a notice recently that my bonus box had shipped, sponsored by Vichy, a skincare brand I had never heard of. How awesome is that? Select Birchbox members were chosen to receive this bonus box based on their beauty profiles. I suppose I was chosen because I had selected "face cream" as one product that I would consider splurging one, and also indicated that my skin was sensitive. This box was totally free!


This box included a cleansing milk, an eye makeup remover, a firming night cream,  a day face cream, and a packet of anti-cellulite cream. The sizes were very generous too, except for the anti-cellulite cream, which is sort of silly because there's no way to see results with that sort of product with such a small amount. But .5 ounces for each face cream, and an ounce each for the remover and cleanser! I love the face creams so far, they aren't making my skin freak out and have a pleasantly fresh, sort of aquatic scent. The cleanser is a non-foaming milk, so I would use this as a quick refresher, not for hardcore cleansing, and the remover is okay but not really strong enough to remove all my eye makeup without considerable effort.

But this was a wonderful, unexpected surprise, and it makes me love Birchbox all the more. I would have been pretty bummed to not get this box though, so I'm hoping they will do similar bonus boxes for people who indicate, say, haircare or makeup as their favorite things.

I had stated earlier that I'm still liking my beautyblender alot. The only problems I've had with it are that it does stain, even after cleansing, and cleansing causes the pink color of the blender to run. This is just an aesthetic issue though, so what if it doesn't look pretty after a few uses? I'm not about to spend extra money on the beautyblender brand cleanser, so I am making do with some gentle shampoo. My skin is not used to wearing liquid foundation apparently, and it wigged out for a while last week, and I was worried I might not be able to continue using the Revlon Photo Ready. The blender managed to make what would have been horrendous skin days into fairly decent ones, without having to really pile on the foundation and concealer. Now it is clearing up so I think it was just a regular skin temper tantrum rather than a reaction to the foundation.

Here is my makeup today, totally unretouched (yeah, I do clean up minor imperfections occasionally, especially with eye shots because I don't want anything competing with showing the colors/ eye look as a whole). Nothing was done here, so while you can see that the coverage is not perfect, it feels pretty good to me. Usually during the winter I feel really washed out and blah, but this routine is working to combat that at the moment.
I may have to find another routine for summer because I do
get shinier faster with the liquid foundation. I'm also trying my hand at doing more neutral eyes and bold lips, and I'm liking that as well.
Stepping out of my comfort zone!



What I used:
Eye:
Lid: BFTE Dusty Rose
Crease: Fyrinnae Snow Leopard
Liner: Fyrinnae Steampunk
Highlight: Fyrinnae Polar Bear

Face:
Benefit Porefessional (a Birchbox sample!)
Tarte Amazonian Clay Illuminating Serum
Revlon Photo Ready Liquid Foundation in Vanilla and Concealer in Fair
NYX blush in Pinched
Bare Escentuals Flawless Radiance
Maybelline Power Finishing Veil

Lips: Morgana Cryptoria Coraline's Doppelganger Gel Lipstick (review to come!)
And closeups of the eye:




That's all for today. Thanks for reading as always!


You may also like

4 comments :

  1. Thats awesome you got a bonus box! Love your makeup! That lippie looks great on you! Glad to hear you are still liking the beauty blender! I may have to pick one up one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vichy! They're popular in Canada.

    That is a very generous Birchbox.

    Your makeup looks very pretty, as do you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys, and thanks for the info Iris, Vichy is totally new to me and I was wondering why!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts