More About Me Than You Really Want to Know!

/
5 Comments
I almost never do these taggy tag things but I'm going to be a sport because my lovely blog buddy from Just Peachy was kind enough to think of me. So here we go...

The Rules
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus eleven questions for the people you have tagged to answer.
3. Choose eleven people and link them in your tag.
4. Email the person to let them know that they’ve been tagged.
5. No tag backs.
6. You legitimately have to tag.


11 Random Facts About Me:


1. I met my BF G over ten years ago on the Counting Crows message boards (one of our all time favorite bands). We found out we lived only 50 miles apart and that got the gears turning. Everyone thought I was crazy to agree to meet him, but I don't do anything without cold, calculating contemplation and I knew I had to do it. Our first date was seven hours of wandering about an area mall, and at closing time we were pretty much an item.

2.The Myers-Brigg Personality test says I am an INFJ, of which only 1% of people are. Which explains why I rarely fit in anywhere perfectly. Not familiar with the test? It's quite insightful, and this description sums me up very nicely.

3. My real name means "one who listens". I am indeed one to stand back and observe and take things in before stepping into the fray.

4. I have some very minor manifestations of synesthesia, which means your senses get mixed up, and sounds have colors, tastes have shapes, words have sounds, etc. As a child I assigned genders and personalities to numbers and described yellow for example as a "thirsty" color, but never really thought of it as weird or unusual. I also have some sensory defensiveness, in which bright lights, loud sounds, too many people, drain my energy and are overwhelming. Certain textures of food as well, particularly raw fruits and vegetables, are just intolerable- have had that bizarre issue pretty much forever. For example, I can eat applesauce, apple butter, dried apple chips, apple fruit leather, but no raw apples. Weird, I know.

5. I've never been into sports, but I took ballet for 15 years and Hawaiian/ Tahitian dance for 10 (yes, this involved wonderfully flattering grass skirts and sequined bras.) I started when I was 3 and legend has it at my first recital I stopped dancing on stage and yelled to my mom in the audience "mom, I love it!"

6. I was raised Catholic and attended Catholic schools for 12 years, but really stopped following it in the 8th grade. I dabbled in Wicca in high school and college and now consider myself a sensitive, progressive, ethical atheist.

7.  From the 7th to 10th grades my goal in life was to be an Egyptologist. I was obsessed with all things Egypt. During the summer I was the geeky girl lounging poolside reading a book on translating hieroglyphs, or random concepts in astronomy like black holes. I still love those subjects but can't really think of them as viable sources of income. As if being a library technical assistant is, of course.

8. I'm not a party/bar person, but I have done karaoke a few times and it was pretty fantastic. I love to sing but have always treated it as this top secret thing that could never be revealed or shared. Getting over that fear even slightly was a huge, epic deal for me. I haven't done it in a while but it is on my list of things to do. I so miss the applause.

9. I'm a not-so-extreme couponer. I like nice things, but I can't stand paying full price for anything, so I am always clipping coupons for groceries, using Ebates, scouring the interwebs for codes, and combining sales/coupons for the best deals. I am not, however, one of those people that clear shelves or stockpile 150 cans of peas just because they're free. Everything in moderation, people.

10. I'm totally into the Steampunk aesthetic and love making jewelry reflecting that style.

11. I have worked in libraries my whole working life, except for the one summer in high school when I cleaned pools. Good times.

My 11 Questions For You:
1. Have you done much traveling? If so, where?
 Not as much I'd like. Went to NYC in 2008 and that was by far the best vacation ever. I really want to go back and would ideally live closer to that area.
2. What is your idea of relaxing?
Reading, walking, being outside.
3. How long have you been blogging and why did you start your blog?
 Started in March of 2011. Truncated explanation, blogging was a good diversion from personal life issues and a creative outlet that I'd been desperately needing.
4. Bacon?
Yes, please. I'm sorry, Wilbur. I really am. I just can't quit you.
5. Do you have a monthly makeup budget?
Not really. I just subtract all of the practical stuff like rent, groceries, and other bills from my monthly income and whatever is left I can spend how I like. I should probably put more towards an emergency fund or investing nonsense, but my income really isn't that high to begin with, and I figure I deserve to have a little fun.
6. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Somewhere sort of isolated where it's easy to get to somewhere busy and cultured. I like a little hustle and bustle, but I want to be able to get away from it easily when necessary.
7. Do you prefer to shop online or in actual stores?
Of course I buy all from all my favorite indie brands online, but things like clothes I really have to try on in person.
8. Do you do have an interesting job? Are you still in school? What is your dream job?
I'm a Library Technical Assistant. It has its pros and cons. I got my BA in English Literature in 2006. I think I always saw myself as a writer even at a very young age. When my parents once gave me a huge cardboard box to play in I turned it into a library, stocked with only my own stories. Guess that was a tip-off, huh?
There are a lot of things I'd rather be doing, such as baking, making jewelry, working with animals, hiding out in a tree house writing my memoirs. Working with the public is a little challenging (not in good ways) for me, and I do feel underutilized and unfulfilled in that area of my life.
9. How many text messages do you send in a day?
 Pretty much zero. I'm not really into texting.
10. Do you have a close relationship with your family?
 I see my nuclear family regularly, but my more extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) who we were once very close to have sort of drifted apart as I've grown up. I'm really conflicted about this and I miss them alot.
11. What is your go-to makeup brand?
 I love trying new products, so I move around alot from brand to brand. Not hard-core loyal to any one in particular.

My Questions for You:

1. Take a Myers-Brigg type assessment here. What type are you? (This takes a few minutes, but it is really helpful. There are lots of tests out there, this one is free and pretty straight-forward.) Do you think it's accurate?
2. You're on a deserted island with only three beauty products at your disposal. What are they?
3. You can only have one meal for the rest of your life (appetizer, entree, and dessert.) What is it?
4. You can listen in on the eulogies at your own funeral. What do you think people would say about you?
5. Sunrises or sunsets?
6. Who would play the starring role in a film about your life and why?
7. What was the scariest/ most challenging thing you've done in the past year?
8. If money was not an issue, what is the luxury makeup/skincare/beauty/fashion item you would like to try most?
9. Top three favorite smells? (Perfumes or real-life)
10. What colors do you wear most often? Any colors you don't like to wear?
11.  What is the earliest memory you have?

And now, my lucky victims!
(Actually, only do this if you want to. No puppies will die if you don't feel like it.)


Don't They Know Who I Am?
Vulcan Butterfly



You may also like

5 comments :

  1. What fun! So interesting to learn more about you! I don't think I've done that personality test since college... I can't remember what I was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO.. you are so funny (no puppies will die if i don't feel like it). Was very interesting reading about you! How lucky I am to be one of your victims :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading about you. :)

    I'm a library technician as well.

    Agree with buying clothes in store. I wouldn't feel confident buying clothing online. I have to try it on to see how it fits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank so much for the tag :) Great facts about you and some really good questions that need some thinking! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha! I didn't realize you had also tagged Su :)

    I also scored a 4 on the Ennegram test.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts