Swamp Thing LOTD

/
4 Comments
I did this look last week with some shades I got from my recent Fyrinnae order, and I'm wearing it again today for St. Patrick's Day.

Lid: Aztec Gold
Crease: Envy Me
Highlight: In the Spotlight
Inner Corner: a tiny bit of We're All Mad Here
Liner: Lucky Charmed (ha, how apt!)
Blush in Enchant
lips: Jouer lip gloss in Birchbox Pink



However, when I started this look Aztec Gold would NOT cooperate with me. It's one of those colors that seem to be layered, with a base and then a different color on top. Aztec Gold has a really green base, like Kermit the frog green, but the color as a whole is a gorgeous antiqued greenish gold. And I couldn't get this color to apply without losing that top burnished gold layer and just looking totally green and a little patchy. I was thinking I wanted a more gold/green look and it was just not going in that direction. I thought to myself "Huh, I look like the bloody Swamp Thing." So instead of fighting it, I just went with a super green look, and it turned out okay.




Actually, the version of it I did today turned out better (no time for pictures today). I may do it again because I sort of like this look. The only thing I did differently was use the tiniest amount of Pixie Epoxy and I patted the color on with almost absurd delicacy so as to not disturb the layers.

And here's a closeup:



That's all for today. Hope you all have a great St. Patrick's Day!



You may also like

4 comments :

  1. I love this look, the green is very nice! Green and gold always look good together, and I think both colors bring out the different tones of your eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green looks nice on your coloring. I especially love this blush and lip color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love these antique shades of green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Green is deinitely my favorite color :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts