Testing....Testing...

/
3 Comments
I forgot I even had this post saved. It's been in my drafts folder for months. See, I got a new camera for Christmas and I've been working with it and seeing how to get the best shots possible. It's a Canon Powershot A3300, not a fancy camera, but it does have a lot of neat settings. It's been a little overwhelming trying to determine just the right combination for my macro eye shots in particular, which is probably why you notice my posts contain a random hodgepodge of pictures with flash/without flash, a variety of poses, backgrounds, lighting, etc. I so admire the bloggers who manage to have the exact same pose or format for their pictures and they always look great. That consistency confounds me!

There are good things about my new camera, but one of the downsides is that the flash is way too bright, and if I get too close to my eye, it totally whites out. With my old camera, I could use the flash really close up and while it didn't capture the detail or the saturation of the colors well, it did capture sparkle and shimmer. My Powershot gets lots of detail, but without the flash the colors look flat. Sigh. I've even resorted to covering the flash with a piece of coffee filter, so some light comes out but not the full blast, and that helps a little at times. Still, it's a battle. I'm starting to think I'm just a sucky photographer! I don't know why I'm so obsessive about it, just one of my many quirks I guess.

Anyway, here are some eye looks that I had filed away here. I won't try to list all the colors because I don't really remember, sorry! They aren't totally awful, just not exactly what I'd hoped. What do you think? Anyone want to share their techniques for taking good photos? Settings, lighting, etc? Especially if you have a basic point and shoot like mine!






You may also like

3 comments :

  1. They're all really lovely! Seriously, just keep working at it and you'll get some good shots. I've found the best lighting for me is in the bathroom of all places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have no clue anything about camera settings and photography. It's all a crap shoot for me.... I take about 20 pictures to get 5 usable pics. Love these looks! Especially the first one! You liner looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! I'm starting to get the hang of it, slowly but surely. I just have to accept I'm not going to get the same shots someone with some heavy duty Nikon with a macro lens might get...it used to take about 100 shots to get a couple decent ones, and now I'm down to maybe 30-50, so I will be happy with that!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts