Bye-Bye Birdies-Spring 2012

/
4 Comments

Bye-Bye Birdies: products I have used up! I'm going to try to post these at least seasonally, so I can collect enough products to make it worth posting.

Here they are, and whether or not I'll re-purchase:

Solstice Scents Botanical Toner: Love this; it's gentle, full of beneficial herbal-y stuff and smells great.
Re-purchase: Yes.

Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser: I've been using this off and on for probably ten years. It's a good standby and doesn't dry out my skin too much.
Re-purchase: Yes, already have.

Boscia Black Cleanser: This is a sample size I got as a 100 point reward from Sephora. The gimmick is that it's black, and it warms up. The warming effect lasts mere seconds however, and didn't feel particularly useful. Felt like a basic cleanser and not worth the price.
Re-purchase: No.

Boscia Black Mask: This works wonders. Have been using this for almost a year and still love it. The only downside is that it irritates my eyes while it's drying, no matter how far away from the orbital area I apply it. The effects are worth it though.
Re-purchase: Yes, already have.

Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo: I have gotten this several times in the past and have always liked it. Towards the end of the bottle though it was starting to feel like it was stripping my hair color too much, while also leaving my hair a little limp and staticky. There are other versions of the refreshing mint shampoo I will probably try before getting this again.
Re-purchase: Maybe.

Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes:  I liked that these contained 30 wipes. Seriously, how many face wipe packages only contain 25? Doesn't it make sense to at least have enough to remove your makeup each night for a month per package? I don't know why this bugs me. Other than that, these are okay, nothing out of this world, and I didn't like that the wipes started to tear and break down before I finished using it.
Re-purchase: Nah.

Haus of Gloi Whipped Soaps: Um, yeah. I go through these fast. I've been using them as shaving cream too, and they're wonderful for that, but it does make them go quickly.
Re-purchase: Must ALWAYS have whipped soap in my arsenal. Always and forever.

C. Booth Green Apple Microdermabrasion Scrub: I'm not sure if this is widely available anymore, as I bought a second bottle on clearance at Ulta. I love this scrub, it doesn't foam up and so provides a more intense exfoliating effect, which is what I need. May not be good for super sensitive skin, though. I hope I'm able to find it again.
Re-purchase: Yes

Lush Coconut Powder: Meh. Forgettable. The smell was a little musty and not what I'd hoped. Will probably go for their Silky Underwear powder next time.
Re-purchase: No.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover:  Nothing too revolutionary here, but it works well.
Re-purchase: Yes.

Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2: If I need a quick refresher, I like to use the Solstice Scents toner, but if I'm feeling particularly grimy or want to make sure all my makeup is off, this is a good toner. It is not alcohol-free, but it doesn't seem to be drying my skin out.
Re-purchase: Yes, already have.

That's all for today! What have you finished up lately?





You may also like

4 comments :

  1. Thats a lot of stuff you have got used up! You make me want to check out Haus of Gloi, believe it or not, I still haven't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...one of these days! At least try a whipped soap and a pumpkin butter, just to get a different take on the products than SS, which are wonderful, just different. I'm wearing HoG's Moon Dog right now, and it is SO fantastic!

      Delete
  2. The 25 sheets only in a pack is annoying to me too. I want a full month's supply.

    Products I've recently used up:
    -Butchart Gardens Sweet Pea handmade soap. I got it and two other soaps from the Gardens's gift shop when I visited the West Coast last year. They smell great. I'd buy them again (if I could) and recommend them as a neat souvenir.

    -Lush's Gorgeous face cream: got this in a mini-size which seemed to last forever. Worked well with my skin. Too bad it's expensive or I'd be wanting to buy a full size.

    -Natural Fusion Baked Vanilla Bean hand cream: meh. It was rather watery at first. Don't know if it's issues with the ingredients or if the tubes (as I bought more than one) are old. Likely the former, as I got them from the drugstore when they were doing a sale to promote them. Not buying this brand again.

    -Mineral Love's Ready Set Go powder. I recommend this. I really liked this and would buy it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew...I thought I might ask for a sample of the Lush face cream next time I stopped by, but I checked online and I would be bummed if I loved it...90 bucks is a no-go for me too! So I better not even try ;)

      Delete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts