Haus of Gloi- Summer Starts Tomorrow!

/
11 Comments
Heads up, everyone! Haus of Gloi's summer release goes live tomorrow, 5/13, 12 Noon Pacific Time.

The returning scents are:

Beguiled - Lemon cake made with the tang of fresh buttermilk and raspberry coulis - an otherwise innocent cake corrupted by cardamon and deceptive pink peppercorns.

Narcosa - A thick haze of tonka and black vanilla, three jasmines, tuberose and ylang ylang.

Sanctum - A welcome respite: Muskmelon, coconut water infused with bergam
ot flower, kaffir lime, polished ho wood and sticky benzoin.

The Brier Path - Sun drenched trail leading to a day dream of ripe berries and woods’ rose, rich forest loam, ozone, dark amber and cream.

Zazz - When something feels a bit lackluster, dull and boring, it obviously is lacking, zazz. To fix this we recommend something definitely zazzy and not overly complicated: Tart cranberry, pink grapefruit, sparkling champagne all shook up with crushed ginger root.


And there are new lip balm flavors!

Beguiled
Strawberry Lime
Banana
Rootbeer
Rose Cream
Oregon Blueberry
Pineapple Fennel
Lemonade


Plus they are doing something totally new and different: create your own perfumes! You will be able to choose up to four notes to create your custom scent for $20.00. I'm not quite sure if I feel comfortable enough with my scent knowledge to attempt this, but it does sound fun! The scent notes were just posted on their Facebook page:

TOP NOTES
Californian Lemon
Lime
Kaffir Lime
Bergamot
Red Mandarin
Thyme
Green Tea
Black Tea
Marshmallow
Blood Orange
Kumquat
Yuzu
Peach Skin
Parsley
Lavender

HEART NOTES
Blueberry
Apricot
Orange Blossom
Rose
Pineapple
Sage
Lychee
Ripe Banana
Honeysuckle
Coconut
Ylang Ylang
Cake!
Gardenia

BASE NOTES
Clean Musk
Red Musk
Vanilla Bean
White Vanilla Sugar
Dark Patchoui
Vetiver
Tonka Bean
Blue Hemlock Spruce
Oakmoss
Frankincense
Wild Flower Honey
Labdanum
White Amber


You may also like

11 comments :

  1. Do you know if the lip balms will be the same formula or if they're changing it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen anything posted anywhere on that, and I'm sure if they were going to change anything significant about them besides flavors they would have mentioned it, so I think they're probably the same. I've got my eye on pineapple fennel, that just sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to compare the ingredients once they are listed. I really liked their first formula and not so much the second (and last) formula. Either way, I'll probably indulge in a tube of Beguiled (my favorite of their summer scents!!). Which scent is your fav?

      Delete
  3. Oh, I didn't know they had changed formulas. I have only tried one, pumpkin cheesecake, last fall. This is my first year with HoG, and summer is the last season of scents I haven't tried :) Beguiled looks good to me too, as does Narcosa and the Brier Path... The other two, not so sure.

    I'd like to do the create your own perfume thingy but I'm incredibly indecisive and none of the top notes appeal to me I would probably do two middle and two base notes. Plus it's a bit of a gamble...

    Have you ever used their oils as hfos? I got a few extra bottles by accident last fall that I didn't care for as perfumes but they worked great in my soapstone burner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their first formula was more buttery (not as waxy as the current). I loved it; but because of the main ingredient (which I can't remember what it was), it became grainy when the balm became too warm.

      Narcosa is beautiful. Briar Path is nice, but I don't consider it a summery scent. The melon dominates in Sanctum. This is the third summer Beguiled and Zazz are making an appearance. Zazz is the only one in the line-up that I dislike. I guess it's the ginger and/or champagne that makes me dislike it so much.

      I agree about the custom perfume.. for $20 it's quite a gamble. $10, I could see taking a chance - but not $20. I'm cheap ;)

      I have tried a couple vials of their perfumes in a burner. It's a nice way to use up extra samples, but they don't have the throw or burn time compared to SS hfo's. I'm waiting for Angela to make some of her general catalog into hfo's! Cedar Magus would be heavenly :)

      Delete
    2. I loved original Zazz, last year's Zazz had a substitute champagne note that I didn't like either, I guess there was a supplier issue. I love effervescent scents!

      Delete
  4. I'm definitely iffy on melon-y scents, and while I think I'd actually like a scent with ginger and champagne, the grapefruit is a deal breaker :( I suspect I'll probably still get to try it though as they tend to give me whatever scent I don't purchase from a release as my free sample :)

    I wonder if they are doing the create-your-own just for the summer or if they will bring it back for each season with different notes to complement the season. I noticed the majority of the notes available leaning towards the summery/fruity/floral (except some of the base notes of course). If they did something similar for fall, I think I'd be more tempted.

    I remember doing a create-your-own scent thing at an old Garden Botanika store many, many moons ago and I think I combined rose, ylang-ylang, and sandalwood, and it turned out wonderful. I could probably do something like that again with some confidence it would turn out okay.

    I bought a SS hfo for my mom this winter ( gingerbread I think) and it was indeed stronger and more suited to burning. The HoG ones are good in a pinch though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the time I visited HoG (at 4pm), the Beguiled lip balm was sold out. I compared the ingredients from an old tube and it is different. I ordered one tube of Banana lip balm to give it a try. I was disappointed that bar soap wasn't part of the summer release, so I passed on everything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to their FB page, soaps will be returning in June :)

      Delete
  6. This is the first time for me with HOG's Summer range.I read up about the scents before today,and bought a big tub of Beguiled pumpkin butter,and three lip balms-Strawberry Lime,Lemonade and Oregon Blueberry.I also ordered my two favourites-Satyr and Twice Is Nice in perfume oils,and a full size body emulsion in Satyr.I love Satyr,it's so beautiful.Twice Is Nice makes me smell like a delicious biscuit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great haul!I haven't tried either Satyr or Twice is Nice. One of these days I'll get to it! I am having them hold my order as they are already out of whipped soaps, but they should be restocked on Wednesday.

      Delete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts