Roller Coaster Ridin' OOTD

/
2 Comments

This past weekend I, G, and our friend S went to King's Island, which is an Ohio amusement park. I really liked the outfit I wore, so here 'tis:



Cami: Forever 21
Cardi: Old Navy
Skirt: Maurices
Sunglasses: Forever 21


Maurices is quickly becoming my favorite clothing store. I was in the mood for something sort of light, comfy, and casual country shabby chic. I am in LOVE with this skirt, and know I will wear it alot this summer. It's lined, and the outer layer has a neat burnout pattern. It also comes with a tan braided belt. And it is long enough that I didn't have to worry about it revealing too much when I was on rides. Considering how a lot of people dress at the park, I am in the minority in that I actually care about such a thing, lol. I like that Maurices clothes come in sizes that a curvy gal can rock and not feel frumpy or excluded from cute styles. I am not introducing an OOTD trend here, but I do have a few more outfits to share soon.

 Sizing at Maurices can be a little hit-or miss. I've tried on XL tops that I can barely get over my head, and then with other styles a Large fits perfectly. So, trying things on is ideal, though I'm starting to get an intuitive sense as to how things will fit. I've been able to order online a few times with no sizing disasters, and for me, that is saying something!

Here I am after doing the log flume, so I look quite a bit more disheveled and sweaty ( I don't glisten or glow, honestly). We had been walking around for about 8 hours by this point, so this is to be expected.



This is one of my favorite rides, the Windseeker, which is a huge, 301 foot tall swing.  This ride doesn't scare me, because you're very secure in the seat, and all you have to do is go around and around. The ones the flip you upside down or are so rickety that you feel like you're going to fall out, I just don't do. I can do the Drop Tower, which is a 67 MPH free fall from a 315 foot tall tower. This is because all you have to do is fall straight down, no twists and turns to navigate. You get an awesome sensation of leaving your stomach hanging in the air while you are long gone! G and S think I'm crazy that I love that ride, but other roller coasters confound me. I'm getting better though!



The weather that day was odd, with periods are rain and thunder and then perfect sunshine. The sunset was fantastic!




You may also like

2 comments :

  1. You look beautiful, and that's such a pretty outfit. :)

    I like amusement parks; we don't have any year round outdoor ones here but I enjoy the carnival when it comes around once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Iris! I'm normally all thumbs when it comes to clothes (though I love to try) but I do like how this one turned out.

    Ours is about a 45 minute drive, but is also has a waterpark connected to it so we will be going there a lot this summer. I haven't been to a traveling carnival in forever!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts