Summer Staples Ulta Haul

/
2 Comments

This weekend I splurged on a variety of products at Ulta that I consider staples, especially for summer. It didn't hurt that that I had a 20% off coupon, including "prestige" brands, which only come along once in a blue moon.

Here's what I got:

*Blow Pro Jet Mini Kit (2 ounce bottles of Heat Is On Daily Protective Primer, Blow Up Thickening Mist and Beach Blow Texturizing Mist).
*All purpose cotton pads
* 24/7 Lavender blotting sheets
*Tarte primer sampler (Maracuja oil GWP)
*Ulta Extreme Wear Gel liner in Perfection
*Ulta Lipstick in Just Peachy
*Ecotools Buffing Brush
*Essence Gel Liner Brush
*Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray
*The Cool Fix




First off, I'm always on the hunt for a great beachy wave spray. My hair is totally straight except for a slight annoying wave that only appears when it's humid or rainy out, so I like to just emphasize the wave during the summer. I haven't tried anything from Blow Pro before so I'm looking forward to testing this line out.

A good primer is a must during the summer, and while I always seem to come back to my Avon Magix, I like trying new ones. I've liked everything I've ever tried from Tarte, so hopefully this will be no different. This set was a steal at $9.00. The GWP is great too. I loved the Marula oil that I received in a recent Birchbox, but it is quite cost-prohibitive so maybe the Maracuja oil will tide me over.





I'd really been wanting to try the Ulta gel liner just to see if it was indeed extreme wear, and it was on sale 2 for $8.00 so I paired it with an Ulta lipstick in a pretty coral/peach color. I've been surprised at how much I like it.




The color of the liner is gorgeous, a rich sparkly metallic brown, which I think is a little less harsh/intense during the summer than black. So far it seems to be quite water resistant but not necessarily rub-proof.




I've never felt compelled to buy much of the "house brand" items at Ulta, so to speak, but I love this lipstick.


Blotting tissues and All-Nighter setting spray are must-haves in my anti-makeup-meltdown arsenal. It works amazingly well with mineral foundation. Last summer, even after swimming it didn't budge.

 I purchased a small bottle of the Cool Fix last summer and I just now ran out. I wouldn't say it's a miracle cure for razor bumps/ingrowns/irritation/redness, etc., but if you're like me and prone to all of the above, you would pretty much slather on a mixture of pesto and
 baking soda if there was a chance it would help. This is a much better alternative. It has a pleasant fresh scent and is at least soothing if not a cure-all. 

I've decided to go back to wearing powder mineral foundation while the weather's hot, so I bought a new buffing brush. I'm planning on getting some more Meow Foundation as soon as a good sale comes along.


So, I want to know: what are your absolute must-have staples for summer?


You may also like

2 comments :

  1. Looks like some great stuff! Can't wait to see what you think about the tarte primers. Summer staples... Fun colored eyeliners, bronzers, a good tinted moisturizer, and gloss! I'm also finding sunscreen and a lighter body moisturizer to be part of my staples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The biggest downside to the Tarte primers for me are that they don't contain sunscreen. For the full size price I would really expect them to. That's one of my favorite things about the Avon Magix, it contains SPF 20 so it's one less step. Sunscreen is also one of my big staples too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts