Wedding Attendin' OOTD and LOTD

/
3 Comments
This past weekend G and I went to a cousin's wedding. I haven't been to a wedding in forever and wasn't planning to since I'm really not close to the groom (my cousin). But my parents actually seemed interested in going, and they so rarely seem interested in going anywhere nowadays that I decided to suck it up and go. After all, they said, it was being held at a pretty nice country club and there was bound to be some decent food offerings. This sealed the deal for me. It was also a good excuse to get me a classic little black dress, which, oddly enough, I do not own (except for the one from high school still hanging in the back of the closet which was used primarily for funerals.) Not the look I was going for.
(picture heavy)


So I got one from Maurices that I'm really happy with, along with a light pink crocheted shrug for a little color.

So, here is my outfit:



Not that I could have predicted this, but this outdoor wedding also happened to coincide with one of the hottest days in our area in recent memory, over 100 degrees. So, that part was fun. Luckily there were some air conditioned buildings and the large tent where most of the food stations, tables, band, and dance floor were set up were fixed up with plenty of industrial strength fans.

This was a good place to be:




 The food arrangement was interesting, designed like tapas, with a variety of small appetizers being passed around and stations for beef tenderloin sammies and cute little goblets filled with loaded mashed potatoes or salad. For dessert they had tiny little ice cream cones with melon baller sized scoops of ice cream, party-favor bags of glazed popcorn in the wedding colors, pink and green, and cupcakes frosted the same colors. It was a little quirky, and I liked it.





G downing a gazpacho shooter

parasols were provided, and the wedding programs also doubled as fans!

the main tent

 


And a good time was had by all







I forgot to take a picture of it while we were there, but here is the back of my dress. The polka dot mesh and keyhole back detailing makes it a little more interesting, methinks.




And onto my makeup for the day, kept pretty simple because it was, like, 100 degrees and all:


Lid: Golden Age (BFTE)
Crease: Dusty Rose (BFTE)
Highlight: Beautiful (BFTE)
Liner: UD 24/7 in Bourbon

Revlon PhotoReady foundation in Vanilla
Benefit Coralista blush
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick (review forthcoming!)

G was convinced we were going to be late (we weren't), so I had to take some of my photos in the car. Super awesome. With my belt on. Safety first, people.








You can't quite see it in the other photos, but I am really smitten with my necklace. I wear only pieces I've made almost exclusively, but this is so fantastic. My mom has been on this rather bizarre home shopping/ jewelry liquidation channel kick lately, and she keeps gifting these pieces to me, telling me they're my inheritance (we're simple folk). Most of them aren't really my thing, but this one she got totally right! It's a real working kaleidoscope, with tiny little stones inside!



And finally...one more picture of my outfit...



You may also like

3 comments :

  1. Looks like a great time! Very cute outfit! I had to go find myself a LBD last fall for a wedding. You would think it would be something we should have had hanging I'm our closests by now! Makeup looks beautiful. Can't wait for the review on the lippie. That color looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You'd think, right? I guess I don't go to enough events that warrant them and avoid funerals like the plague. I love this one because it's simple enough that it can be dressed up or down, so I can get more use out of it. Sneak peek on the Revlon balm stains....LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous dress! Your makeup looks fabulous, too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts