Birchbox-August 2012

/
1 Comments
First off, let me apologize for the shoddy pictures. My camera had an unfortunate encounter with some water spilled in my tote bag at the park, and it hasn't been working right ever since. Basically it's letting me take pictures, but nothing more. No zooming, no setting flash, no focusing, no adjustments of any kind. It's very odd, and very frustrating. I will probably have to go back to my old camera, which doesn't work that well either. Not a happy camper about this.

That said, I really like my Birchbox this month. The theme was "beauty school" , as in, brushing up on basics I suppose. Not sure how well the products fit in with that theme but I am happy with the selection of products I received.



The "extra" this month was a Schick Hydro razor. Razors are expensive (though I usually get decent deals by combining sales with coupons) so I was pleased to get this. I am partial to Gillette Venus but gave the Hydro a try and would totally buy refills when they go on sale. The package also came with coupons, a nice touch. I don't know if it hydrated anything, but it got me pretty smooth, did not irritate my skin, and I didn't get any nicks. Very useful, especially for an extra.

The Beauty Fixation nail polish remover swabs was also a full size product, 24 swabs. I only paint my toenails but these will still come in handy.

The DDF Brightening Cleanser, which I expected to be 2 ounces, ended up being 4.5, or around half a full size bottle. Some people did get 2 ounces, so I'm not sure why I got a larger size, but it was a pleasant surprise. I've used DDF's acne cleanser before and liked it, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this one works.

I also got a sample of Juicy Couture's brand new scent, Viva La Juicy La Fleur. This is one of the first mainstream scents that I've really liked since heading down the indie perfume oil path a year ago. But I've always had good luck with Juicy Couture scents, the only one I really disliked was Peace Love Juicy, which is surprising because given the notes I really should have liked it. Then again, it's so much harder for me to discern actual notes in mainstream perfumes. I like indie because there's a chance I might actually recognize what it consists of, which makes it easier for me to understand and appreciate it. So, I can't say much about La Fleur except it's very floral, fruity, and sweet, well in line with previous Juicy scents. It's not overpowering but has good staying power. I'm not sure if I love it enough to purchase a full size, but I will say it's one of the best perfume samples I've gotten to try through Birchbox.

The Whish body butter is alright, a wee bit "meh". First, somehow the ink on the jar smeared and I can't read the ingredients. It just doesn't look great. The smell, which is supposed to be pomegranate, smells a little like Sweetarts. It does seem to moisturize well and is non-greasy, so, not terrible but not something I need more of.

Still, I'm really satisfied with this month's box!






You may also like

1 comment :

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts