Just a Few More Days...

/
3 Comments
...and hopefully I will be in a better place for writing about happy and fluffy things. I found out this week that one of my cousins died in a pretty horrific-sounding motorcycle accident. Found out via Facebook, again. That harbinger of death. I haven't seen my cousins on that side of the family in a really long time, as in, over a decade. So I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. Sad, obviously. He was around my age with three kids, so I feel awful for his family too. We all did spend a lot of time together growing up and had some great times together, so it's just strange when any fixture from the past just ceases to exist, whether they are part of your life currently or not. While we all definitely had/have a lot of differences, it still saddens me that I feel so estranged from a lot of my family, and things like this are a cruel reminder that if you want to change things, you have to be proactive about it. If you're missing someone, find them and tell them. Don't wait, because anything can and will happen when you least expect it, with no rhyme or reason. I've been writing another cousin of mine more this week and I'm hoping we can get together soon and catch up. Life gets in the way, I know, and I hope she comes through this time. For those you care about, you have to make time. Because you really don't know how much you have left.


You may also like

3 comments :

  1. That's horrible. I'm so sorry and my thoughts are with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Iris, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and your family. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts