Meow Cosmetics Late Summer Haul

/
2 Comments

It's been quite a while since I ordered anything from Meow Cosmetics, so when they recently had an awesome anniversary sale I went ahead and replenished my foundation and also picked up some eyeshadow samples from their Summer Spirits, Castaway, and Joys of Summer collections.

Here's my haul:

Top Left to Right: Conch, Iced Coffee, Beachcombing, Brazilian Lazy Days
Bottom Left to Right: Bahia Solano, Turtle Bay, Flamenco, Mint Julep, Elizabeth S.
Sorrow
Foundation in Sleek Sphynx
Blush in Forest Flame
                       



The shadows swatched over bare skin:

Lazy Days,  Brazilian, Beachcombing, Iced Coffee, Conch


Bahia Solano, Turtle Bay, Flamenco, Mint Julep,  (free samples) Elizabeth S. and Sorrow




All of the shadows are lovely, not glittery but more with smooth sparkling sheen. The thing I've found with Meow's shadows, however, is that no matter how much primer I use or how carefully I pack the shadow, the looks always end up looking very soft and sheer. This isn't a problem, of course, if that's what you're looking for! But for me, even the darker, more seemingly intense colors sometimes look a little muddied on me, which is frustrating when they swatch so prettily. I don't think they photograph very well for me either. I just think that for ease of use and maximum color payoff, I really have never been steered wrong by BFTE. They are just a little easier for me to useEven knowing this, every time I order from Meow I can't resist trying at least a few shadows! I am a huge fan of the mineral foundations, concealers, and blushes, however, and those always work fantastically for me.

Here are a couple of looks I did using these colors:

Lid: Conch
Crease: Iced Coffee
Highlight: Brazilian


And I'm just now getting to posting about this, but my camera miraculously started working again after going all wonky having had water spilled on it during the summer. I gave it to my dad (since it was a gift from him) and he was going to look into how to repair it or return it. One day I was at my parent's place and decided to just turn it on and try it, and lo and behold, it started working again! I was very happy about this. And also, last month I got bangs! It's taking a little getting used to but I like them.


Another look, a lot more subtle than I'd hoped it be:

Lid: Lazy Days
Crease: Flamenco
Highlight: Brazilian




And of course an obligatory car shot, because I had places to go.

That's all for today, thanks for reading!





You may also like

2 comments :

  1. Those are lovely, subtle looks :) Maybe Pixie Epoxy might work to make them brighter and more intense?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm going to try that, I'd avoided it because Pixie Epoxy usually works best for me with chunkier, sparklier shadows. But it can't hurt to try!

      Delete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts