Bath and Body Works SAS Haul and BBW Flashback!

/
4 Comments
I haven't really shopped at Bath and Body Works much in the past year or so, I've been so enamored with indie bath and body companies. But money has been tight and I've lately rediscovered some scents I liked as well as been stocking up on candles, all while taking advantage of the awesome sales and coupons and whatnot.

For Christmas I got a Twilight Woods gift set from G's dad and stepmom. That scent isn't bad, but I knew with the semi annual sale coming up for the price of that single 3 item set I could probably get more items that I would get more use out of. So I went ahead and returned it, and fully expected to only get $18.25 for it, since the price online had literally decreased overnight from $25.00. But the store prices must have not changed by the time I returned it, as I got the full $25.00 in merchandise credit, so that was cool.


 Friday I went back for the SAS, and scored a pretty impressive
haul for what I spent. Here's what I got:
Mini candles in
Pumpkin Cupcake
Winter
Fresh Balsam
Frosted Gingerbread $1.75 X 4= $7.00
3 wick candle in Winter Night= $10.00
Small candles in Marshmallow Fireside and French Baguette: $5.00 X 2=$10.00
Black Amethyst Body Wash: $2.75
Black Amethyst Body Butter: $3.75
Honey Vanilla Dream Body Wash (travel size): $2.50
Coconut Lime Breeze Body Scrub: $7.00



  I of course had a coupon, for 10 dollars off 30, which took my total down to $35. 03 with tax. Then I applied my merchandise credit for $26.76, which means I only paid $8.27 out of pocket. So, less than 9 dollars for 11 products which
 retailed for $98.50 is not a bad deal in my book.
I am a dork so,yes, I added it up and gained a perverse sense of pleasure from it. Please don't judge.

I must say that as odd as it sounds, the French Baguette candle is amazing! It smells just like fresh, hot, crusty bread. It's just a really homey, comforting scent. The same goes for the Marshmallow Fireside, which I also own in the fragrance oil. The oil especially has excellent throw, and is a delicious balance of gooey marshmallow and a touch of woodsmoke.

If you're curious, the decoration under our tree is from the infamous flagpole scene from A Christmas Story. It actually plays a recording of the whole scene when you push a button. I love this thing!


Getting back to my Bath and Body Works roots made me think of when I first started going there, my very first visit being on my seventeenth birthday in 1998. I remember being totally overwhelmed and spending all my birthday money there. Then I wondered what kinds of BBW products might still be lingering in my bathroom closet, pushed to the back, replaced by newer items, things I can't quite bring myself to throw away.

Here's a small selection of items I rounded up, labeled under the "fairly old" category. I would guess these are circa 2007-2010, given the styles of the bottles and some I don't think are around anymore at all. I wish years or expiration dates were on the bottles!These all smell fine though.




And here are some that would fit under the "Older than Dirt" category, given the old school Bath and Body Works logo and I would guess most of these are from the late 1990's to early 2000's.


I actually recall wearing the bright yellow glittery roll on scent to my high school graduation rehearsal in 2000 and liked it because it smelled like fruit roll ups. No accounting for style, and I loved me some glitter.
It smells pretty wretched now, but it still has a place in my little scent museum. The Beauty is Only Skin Deep Peel Off Mask is from the first True Blue Spa incarnation around 2000 or so, I think.
I never threw it away because I loved the mask so much (it was a matte white mask that dried tight enough that it actually felt like it made a difference when peeling it off). I kept it around just to remind myself to always look for a comparable mask. I did find one in Boscia's Black Mask, but I still can't bring myself to throw this tube away! The Plumeria and Moonlight Path body splash and lotion still smell fine, oddly enough, but I keep them just for posterity.

Do you have any scents or bath and body items you can't bring yourself to throw away? Do you remember any of these products?


You may also like

4 comments :

  1. Oh my, Can I just say that I love your blog and all your posts so very much? You really have such a way with words, and no matter what you write about, it's always so intriguing.

    I'm in the same boat as you as far as being into indie bath and body products and therefore having B&BW take the back seat. However, I did order some body washes from the SAS because they were so cheap. You scored huge! That's awesome that you got so much for so little. Getting a good deal is so rewarding, especially from big companies that inflate the prices by a bajillion percent.

    I love how you took pictures of the products under your Christmas tree! It's cool to see some of the older products you kept. I had the glitter rollerball (but in a watermelon scent) in high school too, and I adored it. I bet I could find it if I dug around in my makeup hoard, haha! My mom and I always had products in the Plumeria scent because it was our favorite, and I'm pretty sure she might have a Plumeria body spray still hiding somewhere! Nostalgia is so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all the kind words, I truly appreciate them!

      I think I will always lean towards indie scents and am glad I found them when I did. BBW scents were just not doing it for me and seemed to be catering to more fruity/super sweet tastes. I usually prefer the darker stuff, and BBW's darkest scents aren't really very much so! But I love their candles and am glad I've rediscovered some older scents I once loved (they always discontinue my favorite ones).

      Plumeria was one of the first ones I tried back in high school, so it perfectly encapsulates that time for me as well! I'm glad I'm not the only one who rocked the glitter roller ball, lol!

      Delete
  2. B&BW has only been around in Canada for a few years, and I remember how a few years ago, there was only one store in my city's large west end mall.

    I'm more of a BPAL/indie perfume fan but do like a few B&BW scents and their lotions. They have great deals on items too.

    I remember wearing body glitter in high school. I still have a half bottle I've kept along with some body shimmer. I'm not going to wear them again but I've kept them, as I can't bear to throw them away.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you as well, Iris! Huh, I didn't know BBW hasn't been around Canada very long. I agree, I prefer supporting indie all around and of course find indie scents more inspired, nuanced and pretty much universally of better quality, but I have been enjoying the nostalgia and the deals at BBW! I actually recently bought a shimmer body mist of the Dark Kiss scent (as it is, predictably, being religated to online only status). I will probably rarely wear it, but I just had a hankering for something sparkly!

      Delete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts