The Gift That Keeps On Giving

/
4 Comments
Peace on earth? Good will? Hearth and home? P'shaw...who needs it?

'Cause I got the most awesome gift that I'd been wanting for quite some time, one that shall bestow upon me much more joy and merriment than any of those other lofty notions and sappy sentiments.

Ok, you know I'm kidding, right? For the most part. Because I have been wanting this for so, so long. And finally when Black Friday rolled around I found it could be obtained for an amazing price (and price right now definitely matters), and I told G that it was what I wanted for Christmas.

"That's not very romantic though, is it? If you just tell me what to get you and it's not a surprise?"

Oh, sweet, sweet man. How little you know. This is the most totally romantic gift ever.

Because with this gift he was able to transform all of this (shudder):



into this:



*cue Hallelujah Chorus*

Until I got this lovely little cart, my makeup collection has been scattered haphazardly though our apartment, piled in the bathroom closet, stuffed into random corners and boxes. Getting this cart allowed me to really take stock of everything I have, separate it into sections that make sense, and even have room left over for later expansion or reorganization. I found stuff I forgot I had, so now I can utilize what I have more often and save money in the long run.

These ten drawer carts retail for about 80 bucks at Michaels, but on Black Friday they were 60% off, and I had a 25% off coupon on top of that. So that cart cost G a mere 24 dollars. They were sold out of the carts with multicolored drawers, so I had to get the basic clear ones.

Here's how I organized it (This isn't actually my entire collection, I still keep a rather hefty makeup bag in the bathroom filled with the items I am currently using):



About 80% of my BFTE collection. There is also a small box of lashes behind the shadows. My old Birchbox boxes worked great for holding these.


Meow Cosmetics sample baggies. The drawer above this has a box full of Fyrinnae shadows.
 
Random eyeliners, mascaras, and shadows.



Primers, blushes, highlighters, bronzers


 
Foundations and concealers

Lip stuff

The lower drawers right now are just catch-alls of random items, brushes, etc. that don't really belong in the other drawers, and I still have a separate box for all of my beauty samples (from Sephora, Birchbox, magazines, etc.). But I am so very relieved to have gotten my collection under some semblance of control to where I can actually enjoy it. That is definitely a gift that keeps on giving! 


You may also like

4 comments :

  1. So neat and organised! I get vicarious pleasure out of other people organisational skills :D I should probably get one of those trolleys.
    Love your collection, especially the eyeshadows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Su! I'm the same way...I loved seeing your perfume collection and your closet!

      Delete
  2. Very organized and looks good. Such a thoughtful present.

    Currently, my collection is in plastic and wooden containers. One for makeup and two small ones for perfumes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...well, I sort of told him what to get me, but it was indeed very nice of him to comply! It's not as fancy as some I've seen but it really does encourage me to be more organized. I also put up a shelf in our bedroom devoted entirely to my indie perfume/bath and body collection. Sounds like you have your collection under control!

      Delete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts