Sephora Haul and Sample Stash!

/
13 Comments
It's been quite a while since I've gotten a proper haul from Sephora, and I cleaned up quite nicely with this one. I think it's clear that I am a bit of a sample junkie; I love the thrill and high of trying something new, never knowing quite what to expect. I would also take a variety of small items over one huge item. I would rather have a stocking full of stuffers, so to speak, then one big, singular package.

So, here's what I got!


I know it looks a little extravagant, but the majority of these items were free samples, and VIB 100 point rewards.

Tarte Awaken Your Complexion Set (with Maracuja oil,  Maracuja Creaseless Concealer, a concealer brush, Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder, and sample of Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment
Sephora Supreme Cleansing Oil
Benefit Goodtime Gals mini set (with Posietint, That Gal, and Girl Meets Pearl)
Bliss The Youth As We Know It Face Cream (100 point reward)
Bobbie Brown Everything Mascara (100 point reward)
Skincare sample bag ( a sampler's dream come true!)

So, with all the samples, the only things I actually purchased are these:

I've been looking for a new cream concealer and Tarte has never steered me wrong. I've sampled the Maracuja oil before and quite like it, so those, coupled with the brush and setting powder, were a great deal for $32.00. The concealer is definitely my favorite of the moment. It is heavy duty, very concentrated and creamy. The tiniest dab goes a very long way. I haven't noticed any creasing or cakiness from it either. If you have a lot to conceal, from blemishes to under eye circles to hyperpigmentation, this would be a concealer to try.

The Sephora Supreme Cleansing Oil is my favorite makeup remover at the moment. It cuts through face makeup easily and only struggles a little bit with waterproof mascara. I use a gentle cleanser after it (right now I'm using LUSH's Angels on Bare Skin) because it would leave my skin a bit too oily otherwise.



This little set seems expensive for $15.00, but compared to the full price sizes, it's actually a good deal, and again, a little goes a long way with these. I'm always looking for new highlighters and primers!


And now, to further illustrate my point that, um, I have a bit of an addiction, here is my beauty sample stash, stored quite classily in a shoe box:


These run the gamut from samples stuck in magazines, to minis from Ulta and Sephora, to samples I've gotten in Birchboxes. I'm pretty much stocked for any trip I take, and so any time I get a hankering to try something new, off to the shoebox I go!

Is this odd? Do you have a sample stash? If there is anything you'd like me to talk about in more detail, just leave me a comment!




You may also like

13 comments :

  1. I totally have a sample stash! I love them too. It's just so much fun to try new stuff, especially fancy schmancy stuff I'd never buy myself. Plus they come in handy when you find yourself out of something - right now I'm going through my stash of eye cream samples because I ran out of my regular one a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I actually find myself using my larger samples as substitutes for actually purchasing a proper product. I've been using samples for my eye creams forever!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is a great haul and a great sample stash! The Tarte set looks promising. I like mini sizes too. They look cute and I can fully use them up unlike full sizes that take me forever to finish :) As for samples, I had accumulated many skincare samples though I didn't collect them. I gave away/used up all of them. I don't have any samples now (except perfumes, of course!)
    I wish there was a Sephora here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really nice set Su! My problem is that sometimes I avoid using them up (especially the pricier items that I know I could never afford full size) because once it's gone, it's gone. Gotta get over that and just enjoy them!
      Where are you at now Su? Can you order online still?

      Delete
    2. I am in UK. No Sephora here but there is Boots which has great points programme and other stores like Debenhams, John Lewis. Nothing like mini sets or best of Sephora though. I couldn't buy it online from Aus but have not checked if I can from here. Will try :)

      Delete
    3. Ugh, that's a bummer. I suppose there's Sephora France, but I've gathered their selection is not so good either. Makes no sense why they won't ship internationally.

      Delete
  3. What a fun haul! I have been hoarding my Sephora points for the 500 point reward, but they haven't had anything I wanted lately and I'd hate to waste that many points on something I didn't want.

    I'd love to learn more about the Boscia sample you got. I really want to try that brand, as I've read glowing reviews for their products.

    I do have a perfume sample stash, but your product sample stash takes the cake. What a fun idea! Like you said, you're set for traveling, and you can try a new product on a whim! That's very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sample that I got was of Boscia's Black Cleanser, which I've actually tried before. The gimmick is that it's a black liquid, and it warms up for about two seconds while using it. That one didn't really wow me, especially for the price. Just a basic cleanser. Boscia's Black Mask, however, is one of my favorite masks! It is a matte peel-off, and adheres pretty tightly, so I wouldn't recommend if you have super sensitive skin. It does peel off everything though and I love it! Other than their blotting papers (which are nice) I think that's all I've tried from Boscia. Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Oh yes- the black mask is what I've been yearning for! Though I didn't want to shell out $30 unless I was absolutely certain it was a mask from the angels, haha! Good to know that it works! My skin is not overly sensitive, so I will definitely add the black mask to my want list! Thanks for your help, my dear! Also, thanks for letting me know the cleanser is more gimmicky than functional!

      Delete
  4. I have all these samples I haven't used, I really need to get on that! I've been hearing a lot about this Tarte Maracuja oil the last few days so I think I'm going to have to investigate for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Maracuja oil is a really nice, light skincare oil, this set is a good way to try it, and the small bottle lasts a long time!

      Delete
  5. I have a stash of samples too. My mother and I share them. They are kept in a closet in the hallway. The ones which are for my skin type only are in my room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that haul! I'm a beauty junkie from way back so of course I love samples, but I found that I was collecting them and then never using them. I had a massive clean out about a year ago and threw out a lot of old ones (what a waste), then my daughter and I divided up what we wanted - skin products and makeup for me, hair products and oily/blemish treatment kind of things for her and so on, and made a concerted effort to use them all. So now I have hardly any! But it was fun working through them. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts