Haus Of Gloi Valentine's Day and Butterbombs!

/
2 Comments
It's time to get back to some happy things...and Haus of Gloi always hits the spot for me.

Last year I meant to get a full size of Odette but never got around to it, so that was at the top of my list. That signals a real love for and commitment to a scent, if a year goes by and you still want to purchase a full size! I also got a pumpkin butter in Odette and a bubbling scrub in Something Hopeful, which I hadn't tried before. This one is described as:

Perhaps the first stirrings of the spring to come. Warm sakura blossom green tea with the tiniest droplet of plum juice, red mandarin and crystallized jasmine essence.

I quite liked this one, very fresh and tea-like, a touch fruity but not enough to offend me. I read someone somewhere commenting that if you like HoG's Litchi Milk Tea, you would like Something Hopeful. Well, Litchi Milk Tea is one of the few HoG scents that I really, truly dislike, so I was a little concerned. Something Hopeful is far more fresh and floral though, so I needn't have worried.

My free sample was Spring Tonic #3:

A clean and green blend of: parsley, peppermint, howood, petitgrain, kaffir leaf, bergamot and dry gingergrass.

This one definitely fits in with the Tonic theme started last Valentine's Day. It also reminds me a bit of Mintha, from the Spring 2012 collection. Extremely fresh and green with a little ginger bite, a touch medicinal, but pleasant. Not a perfume I'd wear, but I bet it'd be great as a foot cream.



Now, onto something I was so excited to try...Butterbombs! I love baths, love bath bombs and fizzies and bubbles, and am always looking for products that can compete with or
out-perform LUSH for a better price. These yummy little dumplings exceeded my expectations! At $2.50 a piece and at a mere 1 ounce each, I thought they were absurdly cute, but more of a novelty product. I mean, they're so little, what good are they going to do?

Aren't they precious?


I sampled three of the Butterbomb scents, A Simple Rose, Toasted, and Sea Salt Brownies. They come wrapped in foil and sealed with a label listing ingredients. First off, they smell AMAZING! Strong enough to smell through the foil. I was really surprised. The colors are light enough that they don't look like they've been pumped full of dyes and they won't change your bath water any colors. They look and feel very rustic and natural.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I used the first one. I chose the rose scented one to start, and just crumbled it up under the running water like I would with a bubblebar. Immediately it started foaming up and gently fizzing like a bath bomb in my hand. I thought these were more for moisturizing and very light bubbling, so I was really impressed by the amount of bubbles I got. Not huge mountains of bubbles, but a nice layer of rich, creamy bubbles, and they just make the bath water slightly milky. Here is what my tub looked like:


These moisturize really well, but they don't feel greasy at all. A perfect balance. And the rose scent, especially, was fantastically strong. I couldn't believe such a dainty little morsel could fill my whole bathroom with scent, and linger on my skin for hours! Two thumbs way up for these. I liked the Toasted and Sea Salt Brownies scents as well, but they didn't linger quite as much as the rose scent did. Toasted is a very comforting, milky  bread-like scent, very interesting. Sea Salt Brownies is nomtastic and pretty authentic smelling, but again, not quite as strong in the tub as A Simple Rose. They all bubble and moisturize equally well.

I was just so impressed by these, and will be getting more!

I'm in a rose mood, so I'm considering finally getting around to ordering another one of their custom scents. I'm thinking of Rose, Leather, Labdanum, and Tonka Bean. I was initially considering plain Vanilla Bean, but I like Tonka and think it would go well with the Rose and give it a little flirty sweetness to balance the animalic earthiness and amber/incense of the other notes. What do you all think?



You may also like

2 comments :

  1. I love your product photos! I'm so jealous of your scenery. So beautiful! I was wondering how Something Hopeful was- thanks for the review!

    Great review and product photos of the butterbombs. Now I'm so excited to use A Simple Rose! That was awesome how you took a picture of the bath water to give an idea of what to expect.

    I think your make your own fragrance notes would be perfect! I was thinking about doing that someday too. I'd love to know how it turns out it you order it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These butterbombs look so good! Too bad I don't have a bathtub...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts