Solstice Scents: Mallow Madness!

/
6 Comments


For Valentine's Day Solstice Scents released two new scents in their ever-growing sub- category of marshmallow inspired scents, Violet Mallow and Rose Mallow Cream. In a recent order I got a sample of Rose Mallow Cream along with full sizes of Black Forest and Lace Draped Spectre (yes, that scent really started growing on me; carnation and I are tentative friends now!). This was a couple weeks ago when everything was going on with my uncle, and when I got my shipping invoice, I noticed Angela put a note to include a sample of Violet Mallow for me too. I really don't know why she did that, but it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and lifted my spirits when I was feeling quite low. Anyway! The scents:


Violet Mallow
Marshmallow Cream, Violet Flowers, Vanilla Bean, White Musk

I didn't order this one myself because while I had liked Violet Truffle in theory, the wet/earthy violet and chocolate combo didn't really work for my skin and I was feeling skittish about violet in general. But this is lovely! It's a playful, young, slightly sweet floral, a gentle introduction to violet that those undecided about florals might like to try. It starts out stronger on the violet, but the marshmallow starts coming in as time goes on  along with the white musk, making the whole scent very cool, classic, and delicate. The sillage is not too strong, and both of these scents would be great for work. This is available in several formats, including bath salts, which sound wonderful!

Rose Mallow Cream
Moroccan Rose absolute, Bulgarian Rose absolute, Marshmallow Fluff, Strawberry Nectar, White Chocolate, Vanilla, White Musk

NOT your grandmother's rose! Oh my, this scent is delicious! It is not the least bit old fashioned or stuffy, or overwhelmingly floral. It's a little flirtatious, but not immature. It has a refined decadence. It's like a bowl full of sugar crusted rose petals drizzled with strawberry syrup, served with a side of sweet cream. In this magical fantasy world, you could take a spoon and dig right in, and it would taste magnificent. I admit I was unsure at first at the inclusion of strawberry nectar, I wondered what the point was. But it blends so surprisingly well with the rose, and serves to remind the wearer that this is not just rose, but a sweeter, sexier, more edible rose. The drydown brings the musk and white chocolate to the forefront, and reminds me a lot of Nightgown. So much so that when I bought a full size of this one (I've just gotten it!) I also ordered a Nightgown ganache to go with it. This is a premium scent, so only comes as a perfume. It seems to be quite popular, so I suspect it may become General Catalog.

I'm quite liking these marshmallow blends, and Rose Mallow Cream has gotten me into quite a rose-obsessed mood, as you will see with my next few posts!





You may also like

6 comments :

  1. I´m quite fond of violets so I might like that one, even if it´s not really my thing... And you manage to make the rose one sound nice even if I really hate rose! But these are still not scents I would choose to sample.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, even with the marshmallow tempering the florals, I don't think these would be scents for you!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for reviewing these! I've been wanting to try the Valentine scents, especially Rose Mallow Cream. And It seems like that's the winning scent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! They are both so well done, but Rose Mallow Cream won my heart!

      Delete
  3. Oh, Rose Mallow Cream is so gorgeous! I'm eyeing a backup bottle because I like it so much. I really hope it becomes general catalog. Violet Mallow sounds lovely - I'm also really loving all these marshmallow blends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When these first came out I was kind of 'meh' about the descriptions, but everyone's been raving about them. Then I read this review of yours the other day and I haven't been able to stop thinking about them. Finally bit the bullet and just ordered full sizes yesterday of both. Can't wait to get them!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts