Fresh Rose LOTD (and a poll!)

/
10 Comments
For my last rose-centric post, I decided to do a LOTD that was super minimal and fresh and reminiscent of spring. This look is a little naked for me, but I think it turned out pretty well. I also challenged myself to use ONLY drugstore brand makeup.

Here are the supplies:



Revlon Photoready Primer
Maybelline DreamFresh BB Cream
Revlon Colorstay Blemish Concealer

Maybelline Mineral Power Illuminator (I have not seen this in stores lately, I think it may be discontinued, which is sad because it's a great all-over face highlighter.)

NYX blush in Pinched

Revlon Colorstay Aqua Mineral Finishing Powder (the gimmick with this is that it contains coconut water, so it's supposed to be extra hydrating and won't make you shiny or oily. It actually does have an interesting cooling effect when you apply it. It feels like your brush must be wet, but it's not. I like this!)

Maybelline VolumExpress The Rocket mascara
Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in Inked in Pink
Maybelline Color Whisper Lip Color in Rose of Attraction


I haven't bought a mainstream eyeshadow in ages, and definitely not a cream shadow, but I saw this and loved it! It's a perfect light, metallic baby pink. It also works well as a eyeshadow primer.

 

I don't usually like heavy, intense lipstick, so this new lippie from Maybelline is also a new favorite! It's fairly moisturizing, and the color is sheer but buildable. I want more of these! A lighter option for spring, as well.

And here's my face:

Like I said, much more minimalistic than I usually do, this is what I might do if I am just hanging around the house or running errands. I've been doing a similar look lately but punching it up by adding a crease color, highlight, and liner.  It's funny that my no-makeup look still requires 9 products! Sometimes those are the hardest to do, though.



Nothing but the shadow and mascara:



And the lippie:

Finally, I have been obsessing lately over possible custom scents I might try from Haus of Gloi. They are supposed to be adding more notes with the spring release, so depending on what they are these combos are subject to change. The question is, which one should I try first? Leave a comment and let me know what sounds interesting (if any) to you!

1. Lavender
Pumpkin
Beeswax and Honey
White Amber

2. Blood Orange
Coconut
Red Musk
Mahogany

3. Black Tea
Sage
Oakmoss
Woodsmoke

 


You may also like

10 comments :

  1. You are so beautiful, it's unreal! It is funny how much makeup is required to do even a minimalistic look. I remember reading this lady's blog about that subject. She used to work for a mainstream makeup company, and she was glad to tell guys that preferred "natural" girls that there are a crap ton of products that go into those natural looks.

    I think drugstore brands are stepping up their game a bit. I've always used drugstore mascara because I've found it does the same thing as high end, but the other products (like the color tattoos) are finally giving people more bang for their buck!

    Initially I thought the first HoG custom perfume was my favorite from your list, but I'm swooning over the third! That would be my first choice, then the lavender pumpkin, then the orange/coconut. So yeah, 3, 1, 2 for me! You're really inspiring me to make my own HoG custom perfume one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it annoys me that there is so much subterfuge and men don't realize that women don't just magically wake up perfectly coifed and baby smooth and smelling lovely. They prefer the illusion, but they want to think it's real, which just leads to massive feelings of inadequacy for those perpetuating said illusion, gah! I'm glad you liked my look though :)

      I know the lavender/pumpkin combo sounds odd but I've read that they are supposedly two very aphrodisiac-esque smells, and I wanted to try pumpkin in a fresher, springier, yet lightly resinous scent unlike the typical fall/pumpkin pie type scent. It may be good, may be a total disaster, but I'm really intrigued with this idea!

      My ideas for the other two were something sort of dark, tropical, sweltering summer night (hence the red musk, coconut, and blood orange) and the other one more green/smokey/earthy. Getting all my elements covered, now I just need to come up with a water inspired scent!

      And do it, do it! I'd love to see what you come up with!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Heh heh, I think lavender pumpkin is weirding people out!

      Delete
  3. You are really pretty in this natural look!! As for the custom scents #3 was the one that really enchanted me, but then I always prefer dark and eathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skin not only 'looks' flawless but it is, if you can look so perfect with just BB cream and powder! Pink brings out the green in your eyes, so beautiful!
    I need to wait for the release of Maybelline's new lippie!
    For perfume, I would go 3, 2, 1 as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there were copious amounts of concealer involved, but still, it was a pretty good skin day. Yes, try the new lippies when they debut over there, they are quite nice!

      Delete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts