Vix and the City

/
10 Comments
Big news, y'all. G and I heading to New York City in barely a week and a half! We've been hoping and planning for this trip ever since getting back from the first and last time we went way back in 2008. So, this is a huge deal for us and something we are so happy to be able to do! We are going to be driving to Connecticut and staying with a friend who lives there. He works as an audio guy for ESPN in Bristol and last time we went we were able to go on a tour of ESPN and even got our pictures taken at the same news anchor table you see on TV! I don't give a flip about sports but even I thought that was so cool! So, we are staying with our friend J, then going to the city for 3 days and 2 nights. We're all sharing a room and splitting the cost so we were able to get a great hotel deal, we're going to be just a couple blocks from Times Square.

On our list of things to do include going to the MOMA, the Main Public Library (I've always wanted to see it), spending more time in Central Park, Fifth Avenue shopping (er, maybe just browsing) for me, Chelsea Market, Dylan's Candy Bar, any number of cool, funky food places (you know we are foodies!), and probably some other things I'm forgetting. If you've been, any places you think we should go?

I've been compiling a wardrobe for the trip piece by piece for probably a couple of months now. I had to get a new roomy bag, a light hooded jacket in case it rains, some comfortable shoes, and clothes that are versatile depending on the weather. Here's what I've put together!

The clothes and bag are actually all from Maurices, the wedge sandals are from Payless, and the !pink! booties are from Sole Society. I bought those on sale and still admittedly have probably never spent so much on a pair of shoes, but man, I just reallly wanted a pair of pink boots! I've also got a jean jacket to go over the slip dress, and jeans of course. The weather may not even be warm enough for the lighter stuff, but I wanted to have options. I know I will have a hard time deciding what scents to take though! I will definitely want a variety depending on my mood and where we're going. Ah, it's a good problem to have!

I can guarantee a very picture heavy post when we return!








You may also like

10 comments :

  1. The colors in that first collage are so great! I've been jonesing for something minty and that dress is fab. Love the bag, too - excellent choices! That sounds like it's going to be an awesome trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mint is the color of the season! (I feel really cheesy saying that and a little smug too since I starting wearing it in earnest last year, lol).

      Delete
  2. I love your clothing choices! You have a wonderful sense of style :) I am so excited for you, and I can't wait to see all the pictures from NYC! I bet it will be a delightful trip! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! I think my favorite combo is going to be the black tank dress, my jean jacket, the black leggings, and the black wedges. Last time we went I was so not prepared and my camera bettery died while we were out one day and I had to use a single disposable camera for a days worth of pictures...disater. Not this time!

      Delete
  3. Excellent clothing choices. Have an awesome time and tell us all about it. (I'm curious about the library.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think G and J have any interest in it but I've always wanted to see a "real" library, lol.

      Delete
  4. Love all the pastel - so pretty. If I ever went to the US I'd definitely love to go to New York. I think it's one of those 'must do' places of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely worth a trip :)

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love the cardi and the dress in the second picture! Totally my style :) Patels can look great with your complexion. The pink boots are so pretty! Have fun in NY :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too :) I think I'm going to wear the black dress with my jean jacket, the leggings, and the black wedges.

      Delete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts