Sephora 2103 Sun Safety Kit

/
1 Comments

Being an extremely fair skinned lass, sunscreen is high priority for me, especially during the summer. I admit during the winter and cooler weather I don't tend to use it on my body (though I know I should), but on my face, whether it's in my moisturizer, primer or foundation, SPF is always represented. These kits from Sephora are enough to get even the most ambivalent person excited about sun safety! There are so many very generously sized products to try; even if you hate half of them the $30.00 price tag is a steal.

I have never gotten my greedy little mitts on one of these, which vary from year to year, because they sell like bloody hotcakes. They sold out online this year about two days or maybe even less after they were released. I thought I had missed out again but I went to my Sephora inside JCP, where they had a kit for $26 that contained five fewer products. I really, really wanted the regular kit though so I took a risk and passed on purchasing that kit. The next day I made it to a regular Sephora and they had two left in stock. I was a very happy camper. So if it sells out again online after they're restocked, try your local store if you have one!

Here it is:


And then....


Here is the product line-up:


- 0.03 oz bareMinerals® Original Mineral Veil Broad Spectrum SPF 25
- bareMinerals® Mini Flawless Application Brush
- 0.5 oz Boscia® Self-Defense Antioxidant Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30
- 0.3 oz Clarins UV Plus HP Sunscreen Multi-Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 40
- 0.25 oz Dr. Brandt® Signature Flexitone® BB Cream SPF 30
- 1 Towelette Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare™ Alpha Beta® Glow Pad™
- 0.5 oz Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 40
- 0.5 oz LancĂ´me Bienfait Multi-Vital SPF 30 Cream
- 0.5 oz L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Hand Care SPF 20
- 0.16 oz Miracle Skin Transformer Miracle Skin Transformer Face SPF 20
- 0.5 oz Ole Henriksen Protect the Truth SPF 50+
- 0.5 oz Origins A Perfect World™ SPF 25 Age-Defense Moisturizer with White Tea
- 0.5 oz Peter Thomas Roth Clinical Skincare Max Sheer Day Moisture Defense® Lotion SPF 30
- 0.169 oz Sephora Collection Age Defy Moisture Cream SPF 15 Sunscreen
- 0.64 oz Ultimate Protection Cream+ Broad Spectrum SPF 50+
- 0.25 oz Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer SPF 20 with Dermaxyl™ Complex
- 1.69 oz St. Tropez One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion
- 0.5 oz Tarte Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Self Tanner
- 0.14 oz Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder with Real Cocoa
- Cosmetic bag


Whew! That is some serious sun safety!

I've only tried a few of the products but already I've found a few winners and one dud.

First, I decided that the Dr. Brandt Flexitone BB cream is not for me. It comes out of the tube as a typical one-size-fits-most BB cream shade, but as soon as I started rubbing it in it darkened considerably. It also felt too thick and oily to me. The final swatch convinced me that this product was wayyy too orangey and dark for me.

You can see the progression here. My camera is not very good at picking up shade differences on my skin but even so you can tell how dark it ended up on me.


Here are all the products in the kit out of the packaging. It's almost overwhelming...almost!


I was disappointed at first to see that the Miracle Skin Transformer shade included was Medium, which I assumed would also be way too dark and unusable for me. But surprisingly, this product works great as a primer for me, as the color doesn't seem to build or look very noticeable. It's just enough to give me a tiny bit of warmth as a base. There isn't enough coverage for me personally to use it as a BB cream or foundation replacement, but I'm loving it as a primer.

I was terrified to try the self tanners, as those combined with my fair skin is usually a recipe for disaster, but I have used and liked Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peels so I decided to give the Alpha Beta Glow Pad a try. I wasn't sure how my skin would react to it or how dark the results would be. I used the towlette on my face, down my neck and on my chest, and when I woke up in the morning...I was darker. Not oompa loompa dark, but definitely darker. I also didn't do such a great job on my chest as I had some tell-tale lines and patchiness. I was worried my face was too dark but once I got my makeup on for the day I started feeling more comfortable with it. By the next day it had faded enough that I just looked like I had a really nice, warm glow. Simply using my regular daily toner was enough to remove some of the color, as well. I wasn't sure about these at first, but I may actually repurchase, now that I know what to expect.

Here are the Too Faced Bronzer (smells a bit like cocoa!), the St. Tropez One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion, the Miracle Skin Transformer, and the Tarte Brazilliance Self Tanner. I haven't tried any of them except for the Miracle Skin Transformer. I have read good reviews about the Tarte, so I am looking forward to trying it.


Have you tried any of these products or are you going to get a Sun Safety Kit? Let me know what you think!





You may also like

1 comment :

  1. Pretty much the main reason I'm bummed we don't have Sephora (and they don't ship here) is because of all those little mini kits and trial things they have - they're awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts