Allure Beauty Box: Fall 2013

/
1 Comments
Exciting day here in Liber Vix land, folks! I just got my fall Allure Beauty Box in the mail, and I am so stoked about it I can't even tell you! In case you don't know, Allure magazine has these seasonal beauty boxes, but unlike sample service boxes, these are huge and come with full size products for an obscenely low price. I've never gotten one before and I am so happy I managed to snag one-these babies go fast! Like, really fast. These sold out in less than 15 minutes. I expected the servers to crash and to have a lot of trouble purchasing it when it was released at noon EST July 23rd, but I was ready and refreshing my screen several minutes before, and as soon as it became available I swooped in and got one with no problem at all.

I can't believe what an awesome deal these are! With tax and shipping my total came up to $53.24, and the products retail for over 350 bucks. If you realistically only like and use half the products, it's still paid for itself several times over! I am eager to try pretty much everything, but I may give a couple of the items away as gifts.

So, let me show you the bounty!

It came in a huge box, covered in tissue paper with a pamphlet describing all the products.



And underneath was this neat chambered cardboard thingy (maybe there's a better word for it?) It's really sturdy and I feel like I should save it for something, maybe storing Christmas ornaments or something like that.



And here is the press release image of all the items:



 My package differed from this image in just a couple ways. Here's the product list, along with product substitutions.

  • Schick Hydro Silk Razor
  • KMS California Hair Stay
  • RoC Retinol Correxion Cream
  • Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair
  • Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask
  • Burt’s Bees Lip Balm
  • La Roche-Posay Redermic Intensive Anti-Aging Corrective Treatment
  • Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Lotion
  • Pixi Eye Bright Liner
  • Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish(Instead of the matte looking teal on the press release image, I got Mermaid's Tale, a sparkly teal with blue-green glitter)
  • Sally Hansen Cuticle Eraser & Balm
  • Simple Skin Care Foaming Cleanser (I received Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer)
  • Redken Satinwear 02 Ultimate Blow-Dry Lotion
  • Cetaphil DailyAdvance Ultra Hydrating Lotion
  • Redken All Soft Argan Oil
  • Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash
  • Goldwell Gloss Style Magic Finish Hairspray
  • Sally Hansen Ouch Relief Wax Strip Kit 
  • Skintimate Shaving Cream
  • Carol’s Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask
  • Sally Hanson Salon Effects Nail Strips
  • Sation Nail Polish
  • Tibolli Hair Oil (I received GK Hair Taming System Serum with Juvexin)
  •  I also received a random sample packet of Roc Retinol Correxion Sensitive Night Cream
I'm fine with all the substitutions; luckily none of them were things I was really hell-bent on getting. I literally couldn't fit all the goodies into one picture, so I had to split them up.

]



I am really eager to try the skin care products, particularly the Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair, and the Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask. I got it once in a Birchbox and really liked it, but hesitated to get a full size as it retails for 32 bucks just by itself! And now I've got one, at a huge discount.
 Oh my, I don't even know where to start! I am in total product overload!
Have you ever gotten one of these boxes? Let me know if you want to know my thoughts on any of these products!
(I feel like this post is way too full of exclamation points, but honestly, I really am ridiculously, absurdly, and maybe inappropriately excited about this box. I'm sure you all understand :)


You may also like

1 comment :

  1. Good grief! There's so much stuff in there. I can't wait to see what you think of it all.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts