Rainy Autumn LOTD

/
6 Comments

Hi everyone! For our 11th anniversary last Saturday, G and I went to Bear's Mill for their annual autumn open house. It's this historical working mill, with lots of beautiful nature and art and gifts, and during the open house they have musicians and food, brats and pumpkin cookies and homemade caramels, all kinds of nomtastic goodness. They have lots of foodie gifts, too. We got some apple cider syrup, fresh ground coffee, and I picked up a pack of !chocolate! linguine (paired with a recipe for mole chicken).

We went last year and the weather was quintessential, picturesque autumn:crisp air, blue skies, bright leaves, smoke from the bonfires, the whole shebang. This year was miserable and rainy, but not even chilly, Sleepy Hollow-ish rain, but humid, icky, decidedly
 non-autumnal rain. We could have skipped it, but we are stubborn and went anyway. There was still a decent crowd, and the folk musicians were troopers, getting rained on while they played their guitar and hammered dulcimer while we sat under a tent and tried to keep the bees away from our coffees. 

I did an autumn leaves inspired look for the day:



Here's what I used:

Lid: Dragon Slayer from BFTE
Outer Corner and Crease: Inglot #12
Liner: Lucky Charmed from Fyrinnae/ Ulta Extreme Wear Gel Eyeliner in Perfection
Highlight: The Balm Mary Lou Manizer
Mascara: Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Cat Eyes 
Lips: Maybelline Color Whisper in I Crave Coral
For my face, I used Dr. Jart Premium BB Cream, Revlon Colorstay Concealer, Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance, and NYX Blush in Summer Peach. 






I didn't take many pictures at the mill since it was so dismal out. See here the lovely chalk sign they made, faded and smeared from all the rain:


The walking paths were too soggy to traverse, but they still had the outside decorated festively:


So, it was a good day though not quite ideal. Hopefully we'll get to do some other 
autumn-inspired activities this month and the weather will cooperate!




You may also like

6 comments :

  1. Sorry the weather wasn't great, but it sounds like a beautiful spot to celebrate your anniversary! All the food and treats sound yummy! I wish we had neat places like that in Vegas. Our 6 year anniversary is on the 24th, but I have no idea what to do. You'd think there'd be more to do in Las Vegas, but it kind of sucks here :\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy anniversary to you sweetie! I guess we are lucky that there are lots of rustic, nature-oriented things to do around here, which is what I gravitate towards. I'm hoping to do a hayride or something like that this month as well. I hope you find something fun to do too!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous look! I love how shimmery it is. You look great in gold. You always do the most interesting things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do love the earth/gold/jewel tones! We love nature and history so whenever we can find something that combines the two we are all over it :)

      Delete
  3. Very pretty makeup look, and happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts