Snuggly Rose LOTD and My Autumn Wardrobe

/
6 Comments
Today's LOTD is inspired by grungy, rustic fall days spent traipsing about corn fields and pumpkin patches and maybe ducking into a quaint antique shop for some laid-back browsing. Super casual, soft, and cozy. My favorite sort of day.

Here's the look!



My makeup base included Meow Cosmetic's Mineral Foundation in Sleek Sphynx (my all time favorite mineral foundation), Revlon ColorStay Concealer, Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance, and NYX blush in Summer Peach. I wore NYX Butter Gloss in Maple Blondie on my lips. 

On my eyes I wore Sloth Snuggles from Fyrinnae on my lid (over Too Faced Shadow Insurance, of course). In the crease I wore Dusty Rose from BFTE and as a highlight, per usual, Mary Lou Manizer from The Balm. For my liner I wore NYX Slide On Eye Pencil in Jewel but went over it with Ulta's Extreme Wear Gel Liner in Perfection to darken it a bit. I brought Sloth Snuggles under my eye as a light liner too. I used Maybelline's Volum' Express the Colossal Cat Eyes for my mascara.




My OOTD was all from Mauriceswhich is where I buy most of my clothes. I was worried this would come off too Christmas-y, with the cranberry/evergreen combo, but I like it. If anything it reminds me of a plaid babydoll dress I had circa 1994 (grungyfacepalm). I think this works a little better, at least for me! I realized for some reason I don't own any colored pants that aren't jeans or black, gray, brown, or navy work pants, but I wanted these Burgundy cord jeggings as soon as I saw them. They fit really well and are comfortable, and they tuck into the new boots nicely (also from Maurices).




Here's all the clothing I've bought this fall, except for some jeans and a striped Henley shirt I got from JC Penny mostly because they've resumed sending out those handy-dandy  $10 off $25 coupons again and I was able to get those super cheap.

I adore the green floral dress and have been pairing it with brown or wine colored tights and boots.  The purple paisley print top is really sheer but the pattern matches with multiple camisoles I have. It goes well with teal, maroon, and purple especially.































This was my last big clothing splurge for a while. I've found myself back on a seriously tight budget so I'm going to try focusing on enjoying/reworking things I have in the clothing/makeup/perfume areas that I am so ridiculously fond of and keeping my indie orders more modest. I will try to not see it as deprivation but as a challenge and a reminder to be mindful and appreciative of what I do have! That's the plan, at least. We'll see how it goes! I still have some earlier fall hauls to share with you, so stay tuned for that!


You may also like

6 comments :

  1. I love your makeup and your outfit, all of it is so incredibly lovely! The necklace looks really nice with everything too! I'm also trying to cut back with purchases because I have so much indie eyeshadow and perfume that I don't use daily, and I don't want to be wasteful! Though I know I will buy a few things from the holiday collections because I like having themed colors and scents for Christmas :) By the way, I love the Maybelline cat eyes mascara, do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that necklace, it's definitely one of my favorites that I've made. I have been able to resist the urge for new eye shadows for the most part since it's easy to see swatches and decide if I already have something similar. It's harder with the new smellies because even if the notes are similar to something I already have, there's still so much unknown about it, and therefore much more tempting ;) I'm going to get a sample pack of the new Foxcroft collection from SS, but I will hold off on any full sizes until I really pare down my absolute must haves from what I'd merely like to have. I love that mascara too! It doesn't smudge or flake on me at all, which is a big plus.

      Delete
  2. Glamour shots! haha
    How excited are you for Part 2 of Solstice Scents Autumn release!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...Glamour shots by Deb. I feel like a dork sometimes, but whatever, that's me. I am very excited about the Foxcroft Collection! Angela has the most brilliant ideas!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! I adore Sloth Snuggles. Definitely a colour that deserves more attention. I love the burgundy pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a really lovely neutral color! And oh, I love these pants so, soooooo much.

      Delete

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts