Birchbox: April 2014

/
0 Comments

It's been a really long time since I've posted anything about my monthly Birchbox, but I've still been chugging along the BB trail for almost 3 years now. It's the only box I subscribe to, and it's the points program that keeps me loyal. I have gotten lots of great things for free or very close to free over the years. Funds have been really tight so I almost had to suspend my yearly subscription, but luckily after my tax refund I had enough to continue for another year. Some boxes are great, quite a few are lackluster, but I really enjoyed this month's, so I thought I'd share a quick post about it!

Here's my box!






I'm not a big nail polish person but I really love the pearlescent baby blue shade I received. I'll be wearing it on my toes this spring and summer!

The Kind Healthy Grains Bar sounds positively self-punitive, but it was actually pretty yummy. I would buy these again, at the grocery store, maybe.

The shampoo was okay, nothing to write home about, but handy to keep in my travel bag.

Ah, now we come to The Balm, who send such stinking cute samples. I love how they're in these little book shapes, and inside this particular book is a pretty pink lip and cheek cream, and pictures of shirtless, rugged cowboy-type men, if that's your thing.



I also got an eyeliner from Sumita in Jamun, which looked more dark brown when I swatched it on my hand, but when I put it on it contrasted nicely with my green eyes and showed up more as a deep plum. It's still subtle enough that it translates as a neutral to me. This applies very smoothly and doesn't smudge on me all day. I really like this!



Here's a quick look I did using the liner and lip cream. I used Bare Escentuals shadow in Queen Tiffany on my lid and Dusty Rose from BFTE in my crease. 






All in all, a very good box! 
That's all for now, have an awesome day everyone!


You may also like

No comments:

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts