Happy Mail Day- Fyrinnae and Darling Clandestine

/
0 Comments

The past couple weekends the indie stars have aligned perfectly for me, bestowing upon my mailbox multiple indie orders. And if one bright and shiny package is a good thing, then two is damn near transcendent. A couple Saturdays ago I got my summer order from Darling Clandestine and an eyeshadow order from Fyrinnae. Happy dances ensued.

I've been meaning to get Cloudswing for the longest, so I went for a full size and a solid of that. I also got a bitsy of Brasao y Kinolau and a full size Homespun. Evonne threw in a cute bitsy solid of Pyrotechnik too!




Cloudswing
Cloudswing is a bright, crisp, golden-green scent with notes of warm hay and wood and vanilla and mowed clover and marigolds and sweet woods and intense lemongrass. 


I am normally not a lemongrass fan at all, but Cloudswing is the exception. It's creamy and fresh and grassy and woodsy and just magically happy. I'm partial to the photo of the barn on the solid scent. It reminds me of the barn on my cousin's farm where I spent some time as a child. Spending long summer days where we would just roam around the fields, or hid out in the barn, way up in the huge piles of scratchy straw, with the dust motes caught in the shafts of sunlight. Nothing to do but find another adventure, total freedom. That's what Cloudswing smells like- endless possibility and optimism, a wide expanse of could-be's. 

Homespun
Homespun is a fragrance that begins in the vein of Cloudswing, and then takes a tumble into dark woods, sprouting with lichens and morels and mint julep. 


I took a chance on this as a full size, partly because of the bottle. That gorgeous green bottle, like an electric emerald beetle scurrying through the forest floor, hiding among the fallen leaves. The scent is just as gorgeous. It is deeper, woodsier than Cloudswing, with a faint mintiness and freshness of tea. These woods are lovely, dark and deep. But not scary or sinister, it's actually quite comforting. If Cloudswing is a bright, creamy hay yellow, then Homespun is mossy green blanket.

Brasao Y Kinolau
Fresh, green, non-Christmasy holly, pink peppercorn and old-world wonders, fused with the maile vines of Hawai'i, lotus, honeysuckle and jasmine, spiced with a tiny touch of cinnamon and sweetened with coconut and honey. It's green and tart and languid and floral-but-not-floral and breezy and deep


This is a green, peppery scent- the kind Evonne does so well. It's got a kind of humidity to it, it's not a cool forest green. It's a jungle green. Hints of tropical florals-meandering through a jungle thick with vines and mysteries. It's definitely summery and per the description, non-Christmasy. I don't pick up on the coconut, honey, and cinnamon, but I do get an overall impression of the tropics without being super obvious about it.


Pyrotechnik
Pyrotechnik is a sangria-spicy fragrance concoction with bold notes of cantaloupe and raw sandalwood darkened with smoke and earth.

This one is for melon lovers, and I'm not a huge melon lover. It has an orange aura for sure, deep and a little spicy/woodsy. But it is predominantly melon, and if you like that, you'll be good with this one. I enjoy it well enough, but it's not my favorite.




Next up, some new Fyrinnae shadows!

Innocent Sorrow is one of my favorites and I've almost used up the sample I had, so I got a refill. My favorites of the new ones are Ailurophile and Beyond Binary. Ailurophile looks like a medium sparkly purple in the jar, but it looks more subtle on my lids, and really brings out the green of my eyes. I've been wearing it with Beyond Binary in the crease just to soften it out, and it operates almost like a neutral for me. It's just lovely, with a slight golden metallic sheen to it. Beyond Binary is a "my lids but better" shade, mostly peachy-matte and velvety, evening out my skintone with a soft blue-ish glow. I've been using it when I don't feel like doing much makeup, but still want to look awake and put together.

Top L to R: Beyond Binary, Istanbul, Haunted Ballroom
Bottom L to R: Innocent Sorrow, Ailurophile, Caramel Layer Cake

Top L to R: Beyond Binary, Istanbul, Haunted Ballroom
Bottom L to R: Innocent Sorrow, Ailurophile, Caramel Layer Cake
These were swatched over bare skin. Haunted Ballroom and Innocent Sorrow are more sheer/shimmery but can be built up, so I use them for both highlighting and as subtle brightening lid shades. 
Caramel Layer Cake, Haunted Ballroom, Innocent Sorrow, Beyond Binary, Istanbul, Ailurophile
I have another Happy Mail Day post coming up shortly!



You may also like

No comments:

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts