Thanksgiving LOTD and Noms!

/
0 Comments


So it's been about a gazillion years since I've done a LOTD. Not sure why that is, but honestly my makeup has been pretty neutral for a while now and not really remarkable, so it seemed silly to bother. But hey! I liked my Thanksgiving face so I remembered to take some pics along with the desserts I made, so here ya go! It's only taken me two weeks to get it posted. Progress?

I recently got my first order from Silk Naturals so most of this look features products I got- I'll do an actual First Impressions post soon.

On my face:

Maybelline Dream Wonder Foundation
Revlon Color Stay Concealer in Fair
Silk Naturals Crystal Perfecting Glow
Silk Naturals Sleep In a Jar Extra Light Peach concealer (undereye)
Silk Naturals Perfecting Powder
NYX Baked Blush in Wanderlust
Fyrinnae Meloncholy Lip Lustre

On my eyes:

Coastal Scents Step One Primer
Silk Naturals AKA shadow on lids
basic medium matte brown in crease (using Coastal Scents Revealed 2 pallette)
Silk Naturals Joyful duo (light highlight color)
Ulta Gel Eye Liner Pencil in Bronze
Stila Huge Extreme Mascara




I adore AKA from Silk Naturals! I've been wearing it pretty much every day since I got it- I selected that one for my initial order because it's said to be a dupe for Urban Decay's YDK (which I haven't tried), but I came across a blog comparing that shade to Inglot 154, which is one of my favorites and almost used up, so I decided to take a chance on it. It's not really the same (AKA seems darker, not as frosty/pearlescent with more pink/brown than gold/taupe) , but it's gorgeous. It's an awesome neutral for me, and it wears perfectly. A++

Another thing worth mentioning- I really like the Stila Huge Extreme Mascara, I think I got it in a Birchbox. It lengthens and thickens my lashes really well- but sadly it smears a lot during the day and I end up with smudges under my eyes. So that's the only thing keeping me from getting a full size of that one.








And finally for something a lot more fun to look at- my Thanksgiving desserts! I made a pumpkin pie from scratch (crust and all) using Smitten Kitchen's
recipe, and Deb never lets me down. This turned out really well-the trick is cooking the pumpkin on the stovetop before putting in the pie crust to deepen the flavors and get rid of that lingering raw taste. My crust got a little smushed as I used pie shields to keep it from browning too fast- oh well, it was still delish!





And because Deb never lets me down, I also made her Gingerbread Apple Upside Down Cake, 
and it also turned out yummy. It's a nice mash up of fall apple flavors and Christmasy gingerbread, then all caramelized and gooey. Good times!




You may also like

No comments:

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts