Fyrinnae Haul Featuring the Edwardian Collection

/
0 Comments
I recently finished one of my favorite eye shadows, Shade 154 from Inglot. I mean, finished. FINITO. The pan was hit and then some. Which is kind of crazy because that baby has lasted me since 2013 when I went to their store in Chelsea Market in NYC (sob-three years ago already!) So I was considering buying a new Inglot palette online, as I've always wanted to try more of their neutral shades. I was about to pull the trigger when Fyrinnae dropped their new Edwardian Collection, chock full of neutrals and pretty, dainty colors. It's been about a year since I've ordered from Fyrinnae so I took that as a sign, and things were bought.


Heads up, my swatches are rubbish and can't capture how shimmery and multi-faceted these are!

I also picked up one of the new lip lustres, Demure, and I love it. It's not too bright or too pale, just a perfect, perky pink.

Two that I think are especially hard to capture are Art Nouveau, which is a metallic emerald green that has some blue/gold shift that brings to mind a peacock, and Brocade, which is a denim blue with a golden overlay.



Swatches on bare skin- expect more intense results with primer, though these all have excellent adhesion as is.


Here's a look I did the other day with it, using Art Nouveau on the lid, Marry Money in the crease, and Sunlit Boudoir as a highlight. Eyeshadows were applied over Coastal Scents Step One primer. I used Demure on my lips.


Here's a flash pic so you can see how beautifully shimmery these are:




While I was buying the new collection, I went ahead and picked up a few other minis- including one of my all-time faves, Beyond Binary, which I also recently finished. It's a gorgeous, my-lids-but-better neutral with a gorgeous blue glow, and it can also double as a crease shade to blend out lid colors or can also be used as a highlight.



Swatches on bare skin again, Coffee and Chocolate and Intergalactic Bookstore were a little sheer but I haven't had a chance to test them with primer yet, I'm sure they'll be great. I wore Illusionary today and really like it- it's a not-too-out-there, subtle pinky-violet with some pink sparkles, and it shifts rather dramatically to a more muted greenish-gold depending on the angle. I'm not even going to bother trying to photograph the shift, but it's gorgeous!


I went to a food festival yesterday and this was my LOTD- I used Faust on my lid, which is a molten, metallic bronze, Aristocratic Scandal in the crease, and Beyond Binary as a highlight. Also wore Demure again on my lips.








That's all for today, hope this was helpful!


You may also like

No comments:

Please leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy or if you have any helpful suggestions. Remember, I'm no expert and am just sharing my truth. Hopefully you will find something useful to take with you!

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts